Is it safe to Fly P3 in Kiev Ukraine

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm going to Kiev< Ukraine next week for a business trip and was wondering if it is legal to fly my P3 in the city of Kiev. Just dont wanna take it all the way there for nothing. I have done loads of online searches but cannot come up with an answer! Loads of articles about the military flying these DJI drones but nothing definitive if its legal to fly for a civilian. Also my concern is will the bird be safe or risk being shot down?

Thanks for your advise!

Reuben

I do not have the answer but this may help you find it.
Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 7.32.31 PM✨.png

Civil Aviation Authority Ukraine - www.avia.gov.ua - Translator

Link to a group in the Ukraine - drone.ua - Translator

Drone day in the Ukraine - Team Ukraine

I bought my P3 in B&H New York on vacation from Scotland. The guy who served me asked if I was sure I could fly it back home in Scotland as he had heard someone from Russia bought one and had problems with gps etc over there.

Don't take my word for it but definitely try and get a solid answer.

Steven.

I bought my P3 in B&H New York on vacation from Scotland. The guy who served me asked if I was sure I could fly it back home in Scotland as he had heard someone from Russia bought one and had problems with gps etc over there.

Steven.
Russia has a different GPS system (GLONASS- Globalnaya Navigazionnaya Sputnikovaya Sistema, or Global Navigation Satellite System), only the P3A/P can take advantage of it. Maybe thats why?

The G in GPS stands for Global.
GPS works all over the world - not just in some locations.
Russia's GLONASS is also global.
I assumed that but I wondered if US GPS in Russia was blocked or degraded in some way.
Wonder why someone would have issues there, unless it was a problem that would of affected that Phantom where ever it was located.

P3A/P senses US satelites as well GLONAS. Thats why we get GPS locking to 15 satelites and get good accuracy. Without GLONASS, we would get locking to 4 -5 only and chances of losing position are very high.

P3A/P senses US satelites as well GLONAS. Thats why we get GPS locking to 15 satelites and get good accuracy. Without GLONASS, we would get locking to 4 -5 only and chances of losing position are very high.
GPS should not be that low unless there is some issue with the quad. My P2 gets 8 - 12 always with no GLONASS.
I believe the DJI manual states not to take of with less than 6.

Reactions: Meta4

Steven.

Pretty sure its a myth.

GLONASS is Russian sats.

Reactions: Meta4
While we are on the subject I was also going to attempt flying it in chernobyl where the nuclear disaster happened. There is a video of a US guy that did such thing obviously with permission. My question is will the nuclear radiation exposure affect the long term reliability of my P3P.

While we are on the subject I was also going to attempt flying it in chernobyl where the nuclear disaster happened. There is a video of a US guy that did such thing obviously with permission. My question is will the nuclear radiation exposure affect the long term reliability of my P3P.
We are not nuclear scientist. :)

Oooo, that sounds like an exciting project. Why don't you try flying the bird around the nuclear reactor number 4 for about half an hour and bring it back. If it glows green in the dark, then you know :D:D:D

Haha good one glow in the dark P3P. Anyway I have decided to take it with me to Kiev. Currently on the flight about to take off so there is no turning back

Take your drone with you; there are no problems to fly it in Ukraine. Of course, there are some limitations and you cannot just fly in such places as Chernobyl, you need to have authorization to do it. We have done it many times.

You can not fly higher than 300 m and you need to stay 7km away from airports. This is in general.

If you will have any questions - just text to our office, we will help [email protected]

Haha good one glow in the dark P3P. Anyway I have decided to take it with me to Kiev. Currently on the flight about to take off so there is no turning back
Please post your video when you get back. Love to see aerial video of Chernobyl. With a bit of video editing i.e dulling the colour or make it black-and-white, it may even looks creepy ;)

Please post your video when you get back. Love to see aerial video of Chernobyl. With a bit of video editing i.e dulling the colour or make it black-and-white, it may even looks creepy ;)
this video was made in Chernobyl btw
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A few slow circles around the perimeter of a nuclear reactor melt down and you may never have to charge your intelligent flight battery again. ;-)
image.jpeg

There's a much better drone for that.

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic