Is it possible to transform/upgrade the P2V to P2V plus?

Reaction score
Hello people,

My P2V has crashed today. P2V vs tree, tree wins.
I have the vision with a Gimball added, now the Gimball is messed up, and I'm not sure of the state of the camera.
I will bring my phantom tuesday to the shop for repair.

But I was wondering:
What is the big difference between the vision and the vision plus as I have a Gimball for the Vision?
I read somewhere that the FPV range is better?

And If I need a new Gimball anyway shall I upgrade my vision to vision plus, is that possible?

And what If I want a Gopro camera that can shoot 360 degrees? can I mount that on my vision(plus)?

Regards,

Ralph Schipper

Yes it is possible to do so, you can even attach a gopro to the unit as long as you do a bit of hardware modding to the controller for gimbal movement. Each board for the phantom series is the same and requires only different cables to work properly.

Hmm okay, but the vision camera uses wifi, so I have the range extender.
how does the gopro communicate to my phone?

RalphSchipper said:

It doesn't. With a GoPro, you'll need to install a separate video transmitter and a dedicated video reciever. You'll lose the entire wifi/phone system. Since the controller on the Vision series uses 5.8 ghz, you'll either need to use a 2.4ghz VTX or a 5.8 ghz VTX combined with swapping out your controller and receiver with a 2.4Ghz version. Unfortunately there is no plug and play solution, since the Vision is more or less set up to operate with opposite frequencies to what you need. You can avoid some of that with a Lightbridge, but they are extremely expensive, and you'll still need to purchase a new, expensive controller.

varmint said:
RalphSchipper said:

It doesn't. With a GoPro, you'll need to install a separate video transmitter and a dedicated video reciever. You'll lose the entire wifi/phone system. Since the controller on the Vision series uses 5.8 ghz, you'll either need to use a 2.4ghz VTX or a 5.8 ghz VTX combined with swapping out your controller and receiver with a 2.4Ghz version. Unfortunately there is no plug and play solution, since the Vision is more or less set up to operate with opposite frequencies to what you need. You can avoid some of that with a Lightbridge, but they are extremely expensive, and you'll still need to purchase a new, expensive controller.

hmm ok I'll stick with my current situation.

And what if I upgrade to vision plus?
what's the big difference between vision an vision plus?
Is it worth upgrading it?

In my opinion... Either sell your P2V and purchase a + or keep your vision and pick up a RotorPixel gimbal...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik