Is it possible to fly without compass calibration?

Reaction score
I just got the drone and wanted to test it out at home just trying to fly it up and down.

It prompted me to calibrate the compass but because I was inside an apartment the calibration was not successful.

Is there anyway that I can start it up without the calibration or is it absolutely necessary fro the first flight out of the box?

First of all, I would suggest you not to fly inside your home as you are new to P3. Better go to open field and practice and fly.

As far as your question goes, yes you can fly without compass calibration but why do you want to do that. P3 can definitely fly but it may become uncontrollable if the calibration is totally off. Chances are less.

Thanks everyone. I don't intend to test it at home any longer. I was just curious if there was anything wrong with the machine or not, since it kept prompting for calibration. So if I ignored the calibration and started the engine it would have lifted off?

Thanks everyone. I don't intend to test it at home any longer. I was just curious if there was anything wrong with the machine or not, since it kept prompting for calibration. So if I ignored the calibration and started the engine it would have lifted off?

Yep. Straight into your ceiling and then come crashing down on your floor :)

Reactions: Utopian
DONT upgrade the firmware until you have test flown it.

Then you can decide what revision firmware to put on.

My new p3A came last month with 1.3.2 which i upgraded to 1.4 and its staying at that for the foreseeable future.

Take it slow and easy. Read, read, read, read even more and watch videos.

You don't want your next post to be "Help I crashed my new drone" or " Phantom went crazy and crashed"

just do little baby steps and you will have Safe flying

Reactions: Utopian

My new p3A came last month with 1.3.2 which i upgraded to 1.4 and its staying at that for the foreseeable future.

I upgraded it last night to Firmware v1.6.0040, are there any drawbacks to this update?

Also, do you know what exactly the battery firmware update does? Thanks for your insight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl