Is it okay to fly with software it was shipped with?

Reaction score
I just received my Vision+ along with the accessories I learned about right here in PhantomPilots.Thanks again for all the help (without knowing you were helping, Lol) I have a question. Is it ok to take it out and fly as is? I have been reading about new updates being a problem. of course Im gonna update everything soon, I just wanted to know after calibrating transmitter is it okay to fly with software it was shipped with? Here are some pics. Sorry in advance if this isn't protocol, very new here.

Attachments

• Vision+.jpg
    Vision+.jpg
    828.3 KB · Views: 514
  • Case.jpg
    Case.jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 511
  • Vision+Carbon.jpg
    Vision+Carbon.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 521
Re: Thanks for all the Vision+ Tips....

I see I should've posted the question in the subject line . smh

It is probably okay to fly with the older software, after all they shipped it with it. But honestly, I would recommend updating first and using the updated manuals. You will undoubtedly get the latest version of the App for your Smartphone, which requires the latest firmware on the Bird for all of the features to work right. I would make sure everything is consistent, including the manuals you are using.

mrbrooklyn said:
I just received my Vision+ along with the accessories I learned about right here in PhantomPilots.Thanks again for all the help (without knowing you were helping, Lol) I have a question. Is it ok to take it out and fly as is? I have been reading about new updates being a problem. of course Im gonna update everything soon, I just wanted to know after calibrating transmitter is it okay to fly with software it was shipped with? Here are some pics. Sorry in advance if this isn't protocol, very new here.
In answer to your subject question. Yep, sure is. I flew for almost a month before connecting it to a computer. No problems whatsoever. (I have since connected it and it of course updated automatically. Still no problems.)

Well the Android or iOS app is now incompatible with the older firmware. So if you downloaded the App recently, you probably should update the firmware.

The problem you will have with the new app and the old firmware is the battery flight time meter and low battery alarm will not work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj