Is it normal

Reaction score
To be worried about taking the p3s to the max for the first time ive had mine for a few months now but with work and the weather not really flown it that many times but I want to range test it just to see what it will do but as the title says I'm a little bit worried

You have answered your question mark, if you are worried don't do it yet. Give yourself time to build confidence in your craft and your skills, take your time and take small steps, you will get there when you are ready.

Just be careful and use common sense. Assume that at your farthest best range that you will be abducted by evil space robots, and your little bird will be completely on it's own to find it's way home and land.

IE: if something completely unforeseen happens, your bird is designed to use the RTH (return to home) function and save itself. Check everything associated with that scenario before you take off, and understand how to intervene if needed, once it is back in sight.

Reactions: mark191
we are or were all worried the first few times we went for some distance its perfectly normal Brother. The best thing I can offer is to fly out a few hundred feet at around 400 feet up in altitude, trigger RTH and let it do its thing. do this a few times increasing the distance by double so go 400 RTH, 800 RTH, 1200 RTH that will boost your confidence in the feature that if your bird gets out of sight you can safely get it back. once you have been out to 1200 feet you have put some distance on the bird put it 390 -400 feet up and 1400 out pause a min, then 1600 pause a min, then 1800 and so on till you loose signal at that point if you cant regain signal then RTH will trigger automatically after a few min, you can also toggle the switch on the RC or trigger RTH on the app as a precaution. you can also start walking towards the Bird till you regain signal but let it do its RTH anyway so you have confidence in the feature. going out 200 feet at a time is baby stepping and will make it easier to walk to the bird to regain your signal if you get worried. I have poor eyesight but can still see my drone out to 2500 feet. This method is to give you confidence in the drone and its ability to come back no matter what. Best of luck to you and Happy flying Brother

The first long distance flight is a little nerve wrecking but it gets easier every time there after. My first distance run was only 1000 feet and the smaller it got the bigger the adenaline rush got. Lol. Now when you get confortable with that let it go out of sight behind the trees and the fun starts all over.

Reactions: mark191
Many thanks for the replys folks I was going to go out to give it a go tonight but as per,,,the rain has started to fall :(
that's always the way It is Brother. I sometimes take my drone or Planes to work with me. I'm a road tech so I travel around a lot for work if I get a nice day I fly for my lunch break lol got to get that flight time in any way you can.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4