Is it normal to get less definition and clarity in 24fps vs 60fps?

Reaction score
I suspect this is a stupid question, but I have to ask because I love the cinematic look of 24fps, but in my case 60fps gets me the best definition and clarity, also, I get more clarity in Normal setting, as opposed to D-cinelike. Thank you in advance.

I suspect this is a stupid question, but I have to ask because I love the cinematic look of 24fps, but in my case 60fps gets me the best definition and clarity, also, I get more clarity in Normal setting, as opposed to D-cinelike. Thank you in advance.
It's normal and is a characteristic of the art form. Less motion blur when you're shooting 60fps.

Reactions: Ripper7620
It's normal and is a characteristic of the art form. Less motion blur when you're shooting 60fps.
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it, and I suspected as
much, but wasn't sure. Now I understand why some people film @30fps, and render to 24fps for the right look.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it, and I suspected as
much, but wasn't sure. Now I understand why some people film @30fps, and render to 24fps for the right look.
You're welcome. It all goes back to "film look" vs. "video look" when consumer video first became within reach of consumers.

Reactions: Ripper7620
I don’t like the the way my pans look at 24fps. And I shoot 30fps at 4K on my P4P because that gives me the best quality because the 100 mbit/sec data rate becomes a limiting factor at 60fps and 4K. I haven’t verified it myself but I’ve read a bunch of others here confirming that quality of 60fps drops off compared to 30. And even if my present 4K TV doesn’t have the resolving power to tell the difference, once the video is captured you can’t go back. So I may someday regret the 60fps loss of quality. In other words, if that quality loss is only “theoretical” to me today, it could be “real” some day later when putting it on better equipment.

Having said all that, if one were to shoot 2.7k or 1080p on the P4P then 60fps should not exhaust the data rate. But you are limiting your quality by limiting your pixel count.

Not sure what you are flying so the 100mbit/sec data rate may not apply - may be lower unless you are flying a more expensive inspire. Don’t know their data rates.

I don’t like the the way my pans look at 24fps. And I shoot 30fps at 4K on my P4P because that gives me the best quality because the 100 mbit/sec data rate becomes a limiting factor at 60fps and 4K. I haven’t verified it myself but I’ve read a bunch of others here confirming that quality of 60fps drops off compared to 30. And even if my present 4K TV doesn’t have the resolving power to tell the difference, once the video is captured you can’t go back. So I may someday regret the 60fps loss of quality. In other words, if that quality loss is only “theoretical” to me today, it could be “real” some day later when putting it on better equipment.

Having said all that, if one were to shoot 2.7k or 1080p on the P4P then 60fps should not exhaust the data rate. But you are limiting your quality by limiting your pixel count.

Not sure what you are flying so the 100mbit/sec data rate may not apply - may be lower unless you are flying a more expensive inspire. Don’t know their data rates.
Thank for the detailed information, I wasn't aware of any of that.
P.S. I'm flying a P4P.

I just tried a render from 60fps to 45fps, and it seemed to preserve the quality of of 60, with a more cinematic look, but would start and stop on the movies & tv player, but played fine on VLC media player.

My samsung smart TV will only play 30fps at 1080p max. My work laptop same as my TV, my personal laptop 4K up to 120fps. Im at a point that my next TV will have to be 4K but then if I want to share videos with friends and family I still have to recode to 1080 and even 720.

My samsung smart TV will only play 30fps at 1080p max. My work laptop same as my TV, my personal laptop 4K up to 120fps. Im at a point that my next TV will have to be 4K but then if I want to share videos with friends and family I still have to recode to 1080 and even 720.
Pick better friends. ;-)

Reactions: Crowe99 and Erised

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31