Is it necessary or not to update the RC firmware with the just launched new update dated 7/09/2015?

Reaction score
I have read in the forum that in this new firmware update it is not necessary to update the RC as we have done in previous updates. On the other hand I have download the new firmware V1.4.0010 and after extracting it there is a pdf document with the instructions to update the firmware. Reading this document I am a little confused for many things:

1-It refers to the update if the firmware v1.2? We are now in the v1.4.0010, isn't it?

2-It refers to the RC update through the app instead of using a USB device as we did in previous updates. Also it mentions the DJI GO app v1,2.0 when we are on the v2.2.0 in IOS and v2.1.0 in Android

From my point of view this document is partially superseded so should I ignore it?

Where can I get a clear instructions regarding how to carry out the firmware update properly for the bird and RC?

Thanks everybody for your great help every time I put a query in the forum

upgrade the rc to Firmware v1.3.20 once you have done that you can upgrade to the latest firmware for your actual phantom.

I think it's an old pdf and they were just sloppy and added it as the "how to.." it's a shame and a sign of lack of supervision of the person who is putting the zip file together. One would think they would be a little more careful with the documentation, especially when it comes to firmware updates. The whole process seems a little ackward to me. I will finally do my update later today and I am not looking forward to the potential of the alarm clock syndrom that some experiencing.

You only need to update the RC if you have a firmware version older than 1.3.2. The simplest way to know is the dji GO app. It will tell you if your RC needs to be updated.

If it does just make sure there is nothing other than the firmware on your USB stick.

How hard would it be for DJI just to list the latest firmware for each component in their release notes??

APP = version X
Aircraft = version Y
Controller = version Y
Battery = Version M

How difficult is that? Instead we kind of have to fumble around and wait for the go app to tell us something is out of date... sorry.... not a DJI hater, but there are some pretty simple things that they don't do that would make it easier on all of us.

Also, did anyone noticed if the battery is updated too? I updated the firmware on the p3 but when I changed the battery the log aborted update and said it was the same version. Is there any way to check the battery firmware version?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20