Is it just me, or does Litchi's "Track" really suck?

Reaction score
Ok, I've tried Litchi's "Track" feature several times in a variety of different situations and I've never been able to get decent shots. I tried once with the drone trying to track me in a car driving straight down the road, and another in a boat going relatively slowly. In both cases, Litchi struggled to keep the object clearly in frame and the flight and resultant video was very jerky.

I was never able to figure out how to orbit around a tracked, moving object either.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just not a very good feature in Litchi?

What device/tablet are you using?
Litchi requires a high-performance device when using track mode.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1469117797.655689.jpg

Reactions: sinxa
Agree with CRF319. I use an Apple iPad Air 2 and I have to say, when I close all apps so that Litchi can have its best chance to work, it does well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'll chime in on this one. The Litchi tracking work just OK using my iPad Mini 2. The pad died two weeks ago and I got a 4. The tracking now works better, is faster and is more accurate.

Is the litchi app easier to use when setting up the tracking and point of interest vs GO?

Hi guys, hope this is the right one to post on, I've just brought the litchi app after reading so much about it & couldn't wait to try it, especially tracking mode. so I started flying around normally everything was working ok, so I got a family member to stand in front of the drone and I went into the tracking feature, I highlighted them in the box and it just went all crazy by itself. The gimbal went straight down, it then started spinning around by itself as if its out of control, I had no response from the controller as I'm trying to power down the props, so at this point I was panicking so I grabbed the legs & as I did the drone tried to increase power by itself I just held on, all I was thinking that this is going to fly away & I cant control it. After what seemed ages ( about 2mins) of holding down the left stick to try & power down it finally shut down. I did power down everything (bird P3A, controller & ipad mini2 ) rebooted everything and it still flies ok in normal mode but I'm scared to try anything else. Can anyone out there help me & tell me if I done anything wrong, or set something up wrong as I don't want a fly away. many thanks in advance.

Hi guys, hope this is the right one to post on, I've just brought the litchi app after reading so much about it & couldn't wait to try it, especially tracking mode. so I started flying around normally everything was working ok, so I got a family member to stand in front of the drone and I went into the tracking feature, I highlighted them in the box and it just went all crazy by itself. The gimbal went straight down, it then started spinning around by itself as if its out of control, I had no response from the controller as I'm trying to power down the props, so at this point I was panicking so I grabbed the legs & as I did the drone tried to increase power by itself I just held on, all I was thinking that this is going to fly away & I cant control it. After what seemed ages ( about 2mins) of holding down the left stick to try & power down it finally shut down. I did power down everything (bird P3A, controller & ipad mini2 ) rebooted everything and it still flies ok in normal mode but I'm scared to try anything else. Can anyone out there help me & tell me if I done anything wrong, or set something up wrong as I don't want a fly away. many thanks in advance.

If that happen again, don't be panic. you can easily switch to P-mode to take over control.

I tried track with my P3A and a Samsung Tab4 and it was a nightmare. Camera was pointing everywhere other than at the target. The screen went from camera to map and back without any operator input. Yes it was simple to regain control by flipping the switch but it does not seem like it will ever work parred with my current device.

Follow me works pretty well but I have only tested it a couple of times.

I tried track with my P3A and a Samsung Tab4 and it was a nightmare. Camera was pointing everywhere other than at the target. The screen went from camera to map and back without any operator input. Yes it was simple to regain control by flipping the switch but it does not seem like it will ever work parred with my current device.

Follow me works pretty well but I have only tested it a couple of times.
yeah... litchi track didn't work for me either. i am using samsung galaxy S5.
may be the app really need to comply some of certain condition to works as it is, such as the homogen color of the background, contrast of the subject, minimum height etc.... not really smart.
next time i'll try it again on the green grass field.

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4