Is it bad to have the RG178 cables touching in this mod?

Reaction score
I am thinking about using this mod: Almost 2mi from $33 DIY...good?

I do not want to drill holes into my RC, so I will be buying 10" cables instead. I will be running the cables out of the antenna holes and connecting them directly onto a custom panel/mount that I will be building. In doing so, will there be a negative effect due to the cables that are coming out of the antenna hole being so close to each other (or touching)? Also, I am thinking about using heat shrink on the antenna hole area so that the cables don't move around as much. I would like to know since I will be starting on this mod soon. Thank you!

I can't say if it will interfere with the signal having both antenna pass through the same hole close to each other but I can suggest you use hot glue to hold the antenna in place rather than heat shrink tubing.

Well the three wires run parallel to the stock antennas In Between the control sticks! Should be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can't say if it will interfere with the signal having both antenna pass through the same hole close to each other but I can suggest you use hot glue to hold the antenna in place rather than heat shrink tubing.
Yes, that does sound like a better idea. I'll do both juat to make it look nicer. Thank you!

I am using that same mod self. There is plenty of contact with the wires inside of the case and my range is still doubled easy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers