Is goodluckbuy selling a 3 Axis gimbal?

4wd said:
It's interesting they show the weight as 274g including the camera.
It actually looks quite decent.

well, considering the good reviews and fair success of their 2D gimbal, if this is falls in line with their current quality, it might be a poor mans prize!

I just dont see any reviews out there right now.
And it looks like it uses some 3rd party software to adjust the settings

It uses the Alexmos board with 3 axis extension. Here -> http://www.basecamelectronics.com/

Way, WAY more configurable than the Zenmuse is and has a solid stable as well as 8 and 32 bit versions.

I ordered one and just received it this weekend. There were some issues with it but I think I have it sorted out after downloading software and configuring it correctly. I have not flown it on the Phantom yet. It is taller than my Feiyu-tech gimbal and requires raising the Phantom so that it does not drag on the ground.
Build quality seems decent, the listed weight is correct. It came with no manual, diagrams , or instructions. One screw did fall out and one solder joint is not well done.
The cabling is a mess with one really long, loose, unwieldy group of wires which connect the power and control wires to the board.
I have seen some promising video from this gimbal so I am hopeful that it will work as well for me.

syotr said:
I ordered one and just received it this weekend. There were some issues with it but I think I have it sorted out after downloading software and configuring it correctly. I have not flown it on the Phantom yet. It is taller than my Feiyu-tech gimbal and requires raising the Phantom so that it does not drag on the ground.
Build quality seems decent, the listed weight is correct. It came with no manual, diagrams , or instructions. One screw did fall out and one solder joint is not well done.
The cabling is a mess with one really long, loose, unwieldy group of wires which connect the power and control wires to the board.
I have seen some promising video from this gimbal so I am hopeful that it will work as well for me.

I would love some pictures of the setup process or end result. From the pictures provided, I couldnt see how it connected to the phantom.

I would also love to see a comparison video too if you could do it. Not that I'm assigning you homework lol
You also mentioned you found videos of it. Can you post some links here? I havent come across any.

dragonash said:
syotr said:

I would love some pictures of the setup process or end result. From the pictures provided, I couldnt see how it connected to the phantom.

I would also love to see a comparison video too if you could do it. Not that I'm assigning you homework lol
You also mentioned you found videos of it. Can you post some links here? I havent come across any.
There is a long thread about the earlier Goodluckbuy 3-axis (silver) gimbal here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2009013
Within that thread you will find info and video about the new black one.

syotr said:
dragonash said:
syotr said:

There is a long thread about the earlier Goodluckbuy 3-axis (silver) gimbal here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2009013
Within that thread you will find info and video about the new black one.

wow, setup seems crazy. It LOOKS like a lot of soldering might need to be done. But its tough to tell for a newbie like me

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj