Is gimbal removable?

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a vision+ but was wondering if the gimbal is removable to I can get used to flying it first without risking a crash costing me another $600 to replace the gimbal.

Huxta said:
Thinking of getting a vision+ but was wondering if the gimbal is removable to I can get used to flying it first without risking a crash costing me another $600 to replace the gimbal.

Yup.
Remove anti-drop pins (cant be reused)
Unclip 3 grey cables.
Remove dampeners.

Install in reverse.

z10m said:
happydays said:
If the gimbal is off, don't you lose all FPV and telemetry?

yes you do lose FPV and telemetry but do you need those to get used to the controls and to learn how to fly.?

I would think that you need them, especially for monitoring sats, height, distance etc. If you're far away it can be hard to lose orientation as well, that's when the compass comes in useful.

I can't see any point in having all the goodies and then taking them off. Just learn to fly in a big open space well away from trees. Trees are not our friends.

I had a cam issue on my new v+ and took it off until dji got me me new replacement. You can see adequate sats by looking at light sequence. I flew mine hard as dji was expecting it back broke. Great way to learn to fly. I was flying it like I stole it!

Week later new one came and I knew what I was doing by that time.

The only wise thing to do and to get the hang of a aggressive utility is to remove the gimbal if you never had flown.
No matter what arguments others use, REMOVE IT !
The clips can be reused as seen in the video if you succeed in doing so but replace them with straps one you reinstall the gimbal.

Learn to handle the beast first ! then all the other stuff because you can't learn all in the same time.
I wonder if there is someone that can state " The first time i drove a car it was in F1 ".

happydays said:
It will fly differently without the gimbal because of the extra weight. You'll get used to if light, then add back the gimbal and it will be like a different craft.

However, like most things in life, it's your choice! :) :) :)

The better for him when he learns it when its lighter. It will react faster thus when he knows how it feels and puts back on the gimbal its reaction is slower, but then again did you do it and have experience in the other aircraft ? I guess your making guesses. The phantom is way to aggressive to notice the difference with 100 or 200gr. I putted back on the gimbal yesterday, so to know exactly its load isn't something to do just now.
Its like riding a car, ones you get used to the paddles and all the other stuff it doesn't matter what car your driving.

Also why do seasoned flyers advice new users to buy and wreck a nano quad copter first ?
If he doesn't want his gimbal/camera to be toast he has to remove it or are you willing to pay the bill if he does when he follows your advice ?
I geuss not.

Yes, I had a P1. When I put on a GoPro, the craft behaved totally differently due to the additional weight. The V+ is my third DJI aircraft. I've never had a nano copter so I can't comment on that.

As I said earlier, like most things in life, it's your choice! My choice is to fly the V+ as is and become accustomed to the characteristics of it with its normal payload. And as a bonus, you have all the FPV goodies too.

happydays said:
Yes, I had a P1. When I put on a GoPro, the craft behaved totally differently due to the additional weight. The V+ is my third DJI aircraft. I've never had a nano copter so I can't comment on that.

As I said earlier, like most things in life, it's your choice! My choice is to fly the V+ as is and become accustomed to the characteristics of it with its normal payload. And as a bonus, you have all the FPV goodies too.

I agree my P1 flew slightly differently with the GoPro mounted, especially on takeoff, but I've had P1 crashes that might have destroyed the gimbal on my V+.

Perhaps an alternative is to attach ballast that simulates the weight, center of gravity, and behavior, of the gimbal and camera.

Clipper707 said:
happydays said:

I agree my P1 flew slightly differently with the GoPro mounted, especially on takeoff, but I've had P1 crashes that might have destroyed the gimbal on my V+.

Perhaps an alternative is to attach ballast that simulates the weight, center of gravity, and behavior, of the gimbal and camera.

Good idea.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl