Is DJI Repairing the Correct Parts??

Reaction score
I started up my P3P and took off with the gimbal cover still on (stupid I know but was looking at a shot I wanted that was gone to be a quick up, shoot and back down). As soon as it was airborne I realized and brought it back down. By then the damage was already done. The gimbal would click when it turned on and went through its start up procedure. Then it would not stay not facing forward, it seemed to want to aim towards the leg of the landing gear. I am no expert but thought that it was the yaw arm motor that must have broken when the gimbal could not move.

I sent my P3P to DJI to have it repaired. Today they sent me the quote and it doesn't seem like they want to replace the correct parts. Here is what they want to replace:

Phantom 3 adv/pro bottom cover modules
Phantom3 left landing gear V3
Phantom3_FC300X_MAINBOARD_V7_PCBA

Does the main board have anything to do with the gimbal? I though it was only for controlling flight and there was a second board in the gimbal just for that? Could leaving the gimbal cover on fry something in the main board? This wasn't caused by a crash so this seems wrong to me?

Please let me know what you think before I pay for repairs that may not be needed!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31