Is a P3 Standard w/battery & DJI case worth it for $450?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a while. I purchased a phantom 3 standard a few weeks ago and returned it because I wasn't satisfied with the range. I was going to save up for the professional but then was given the chance to purchase tickets to Google I/O which kind of stripped me of what I had saved up.

I've been keeping an eye on what's for sale locally and a pretty much NIB Phantom 3 standard with a spare battery and the DJI backpack case popped up for $450. I think this guy will go down to $425. I've set up a meeting but may cancel ahead of time. Do you guys think this deal is worth it, or should I skimp and get the advanced? I have some things I am trying to sell and may come up with the money but this seems like a steal and I'd really like to get up in the air. I'm just not sure.

Opinions?

Thanks!

Edit: if I want to upgrade to an advance later on, I'm assuming I could keep the case and battery and sell the quad for an easy $350?

Last edited:
if I want to upgrade to an advance later on, I'm assuming I could keep the case and battery and sell the quad for an easy $350?
Yes, you could use the same battery and case. Those quads are currently going for $490 new on Amazon with a battery. I think you'll be lucky to get $350 for it later. If you really want the Advanced, then

If you weren't satisfied with the range of the Standard previously, I don't know that it's worth getting it again. Considering the price drops, I'm also not totally convinced that you'll get an EASY $350 for it. Probably, but that's assuming that someone would be into taking the chance on buying a used machine to save a few bucks.

The original questions was if that setup is worth $450 though, and I would say the answer is yes. That's a killer deal. The range thing seems to be dependent on a lot of variables including where you're flying. I'm in St Pete Florida which isn't exactly wide open farm space, and I am getting the advertised range for the most part. With Windsurfers, in ideal conditions, I'm pushing over 1.5 miles at times. Quite honestly, the camera kicks butt, and I'm getting some beautiful shots. It's fun to fly, and I saved a few hundred dollars. The standard is a **** good deal even at stock price, so what you're getting seems worth picking up. That's my .02 :)

Reactions: acetmr
I also returned my first P3S due to the range. I could only get 4-5000 ft. I bought another P3S and this one is way better. My best record on the 2nd one is 9000 ft stock and 12600 with windsurfer. So performance does varies.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Acetmr
If you are still considering a P3 Standard I am selling mine. Comes with a tablet mount, case and the DBS antenna mod (not yet installed). No crashes or hard landings. $425 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a while. I purchased a phantom 3 standard a few weeks ago and returned it because I wasn't satisfied with the range. I was going to save up for the professional but then was given the chance to purchase tickets to Google I/O which kind of stripped me of what I had saved up.

I've been keeping an eye on what's for sale locally and a pretty much NIB Phantom 3 standard with a spare battery and the DJI backpack case popped up for $450. I think this guy will go down to $425. I've set up a meeting but may cancel ahead of time. Do you guys think this deal is worth it, or should I skimp and get the advanced? I have some things I am trying to sell and may come up with the money but this seems like a steal and I'd really like to get up in the air. I'm just not sure.

Opinions?

Thanks!

Edit: if I want to upgrade to an advance later on, I'm assuming I could keep the case and battery and sell the quad for an easy $350?

just sold my standard for 375
the rc is bigger on pro and adv than the standard so the case may need cut somewhat.

also check this out
Used DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter with 2.7K CP.PT.000160

save up and get advance I just bought one for $800 thought it was a great deal still going to keep my standard more the merryer

Buy it at that price, take the case and battery and sell it on eBay then buy the advanced....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20