Is 550m range normal for a stock standard controller?

Reaction score
I had my first Go Home experience today. It ws at about 140m height and about 550m distance... I have hit 570 before without issues. I always have line of sight still and controller was with fairly full batts.

Is this a normal range? How are people getting 1km or more on unmodified controllers?

On a P2 you should get 1km easy with stock.

How are you pointing the antenna on the controller? Make sure that is not pointed directly at the P2.

Thats what I thought... I have it tilted up towards the sky as I also have a panel antenna for one of my diversity FPV Rx that's directional.

I was very surprised to see GHome activated so early. Might have to try a range test again. It's really unnerving though. 1km would be plenty for me assuming I can maintain an fpv link!

550m is definitely on the low end, but the "1000m" range for the P2 tx/rx is maximum, not average/guaranteed. A lot of it depends on your environment, the RF saturation in the area, etc.

I would be expecting a bit more range personally, but a good test would be to try to fly in a different area (somewhere fairly remote) and see if you're getting more range.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl