iPhone Vision App

Reaction score
Hi All

I am just getting around to updating my firmware and have a couple of questions.

Can we use the Vision App on the non vision?
There are some great features on it like the dynamic home position, compass calibration, ground station...etc etc.....
If so how do you connect to the iPhone...at the moment I fly using FatShark googles and just want the ground station option, and dynamic home available.

If we can use it, does the Ground station on the App work though the DJI GS hardware or is it just working through the iPhone connection?

In short no, the app version if GS is only for us lucky vision and vision plus owners , there is a ground station for the P2 which works via a seperate Bluetooth link, you add the adaptor to the Phantom and plug it ino the canbus socket and then connect your laptop IPad Etc via Bluetooth and program your missions

Thats annoying, I have the Phantom 2 and use my GoPro with FPV .... I also have the Ground Station but this looks so much more user friendly....Oh well :(
I especially liked the Home Position auto update, since I use mine from my boat sometimes.

the app is more user friendly but a non-Vision FPV system is far more powerful, and the gopro video is WAY better than the Vision series takes... so it's a trade off.

You are aware that you can update your home position dynamically without the app, yes? it's just a few toggles (5 or 6) of the S2 switch... when the lights on the Phantom blink indicating a new home point has been set, you should also see the "distance from home point" on the iOSD go to zero.

Remember what you've done is tell the PHANTOM that wherever it is at that moment is it's new home point... your RC doesn't have GPS in it and just because you (the RC) have physically moved to a new location doesn't mean back to YOU is where the Phantom is going to go... it will go wherever it was when you reset home point.
So in a boating application you'd need to fly back overhead, reset the home point, and then fly off again.

Yes thanks for the info, I was aware of how to update the Home. The thing that was nice in the auto update is it linked through to the GPS in the iPhone and because that was with you it continually auto updates to your position....v nice feature :)

Joe Batt said:
Yes thanks for the info, I was aware of how to update the Home. The thing that was nice in the auto update is it linked through to the GPS in the iPhone and because that was with you it continually auto updates to your position....v nice feature :)

now THAT I was not aware of. that is a cool feature

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd