iPhone 6 cannot connect to phantom...HELP!

Reaction score
Greetings,
I'm having difficulty connecting to my phantom. It will fly but I do not have a live feed anymore with the app. My phone shows I've connected to the wifi, but my phone shows LTE, not the wifi symbol (see screens shots). Also when I chose the "binding" selection in the app, the MAC address is that of the range extender, not the camera. I've read that it should be the MAC address of the camera, but I do not see this identified anywhere on the camera.
0a5cf1d23b144910aa355719d20c5e86.jpg
162b392fdb174f03265e7ff924c7168e.jpg
8f320f7c796d39edf100415c93921d0c.jpg
c5dc7a198bf12c15f372f076cd1206f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome to the forum .
You said you
do not have a live feed anymore
so you did before right .
Just a thought if that is the case with the battery out try unplugging the cable in the back of
your camera and plugging it back in till you hear it click .

Reactions: J Dot
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I have already verified the plug on the camera to be completely seated and I still have the problem.

Yes,
Your phone hooks to extender, your extender talks to phone and camera, you camera only communicates with extender!
Your Mac addy is your camera MAC address not extender address.

Do you have you original box? Your QR code is on the box, if not here is a video I made to get it.

Lastly
MAN, you have a **** ton of wifi networks around you! Holy crap!
Try turning off cellular data so you are ONLY running wi-Fi, see if that makes a difference, or try different location.

If still nothing,
Let us know, and we will try something else!

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
First off , the iPhone only shows a wifi signal indicator if the wifi has internet connection, when connected to the quad there is no internet so it shows, in your case LTE, in England it shows 3G.
Tell me what version of app you are using and what version of camera firmware you have, both are shown in the DJI app.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely give these a go and get some feedback to you.

J Dot,
I watched your video and followed the steps. With just the bird/camera powered I do not see the network. If I power up everything, I see the MAC address, but it's the address of the range extender, not the camera. Unfortunately I don't have the box it came in. Still have same result.

That BSSID is the MAC address written on the range extender. I tried this with my phone in airplane mode with wifi on and had same result.

SUCCESS!!! I ended up scanning the QR code on the bottom of the drone, it worked! Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj