Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Iphone 4 App issue

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by crash1sttime, Dec 28, 2014.

1. crash1sttime

Hi

anyone else use an Iphone 4 for the app ?

I have been using a samsung s3 but having forgot to pack it i was forced to use my Iphone, however i noticed that the video preview was stuttering badly even when set to the lowest resolution and then it seemed to be running slowly, in fact so slow that when i landed it was still showing video from a minute ago.

I also noticed that the video recording icon stopped flashing red after 20 seconds or so and i was forced to hit record again at which point it was hit and miss as to whether it would carry on recording.

In the end i gave up and decided to go home, which was a real pity as i had found a nice place with snow on the hills and some nice scenery.

Also the fact that i stuffed the phantom into the ground for the first time since flying it, but thats a different story ;)

I notice that there is an email address in the app to report issues, is it worth it or is it like shouting into a crowd of noisy people.?

2. J Dot

I had a similar issue ( iPhone 4s )
    Try DELETING the app, and reinstall it.
    Worked for me.
    I run preview quality ( 640x480 15fps ) DO NOT USE ( 30fps ) it will freeze up
    On you.

Also after you reinstall app, turn your phone ( OFF ) then back on again to insure
    Clean install!

Hope this helps, good luck, Fly safe!

Ps: happy holidays to you, and your family!

J dot

3. crash1sttime

hi J Dot

thanks for the advice, just thinking about it now i downloaded the app a while back on the Iphone, before i got my phantom, to take a look at it, so it may be an older version, i'll delete it and reinstall it and see how it goes.

Happy holidays to you and yours as well.