IPad use with PV2+

Reaction score
I tried to download the ground station app to my old IPad and it won't let me. Says I need a new one. Anyone know if the IPad version of Ground Station is any different than my IPhone version (besides a bigger screen)?

You may be confused with the "Ground Station" name. "iPad Ground Station" is a DJI product which has both additional hardware and the software that runs on an iPad. Check out the DJI web site for details about the "iPad Ground Station" product. It requires an iPad and doesn't run on iPhones.

The "Ground Station" screen on the DJI app which runs on iPads, iPhones, and Android hardware is a "poor-man's" (stripped down) version of the much more expensive "Ground Station" hardware/software product. The P2V+ manual explains the use of the "ground station" screen that is part of the DJI app.

I too was initially confused on this. Prior to ordering my first P2V+, I DL'ed the "Ground Station" app and couldn't wait to start using it. A lot more reading and asking questions on this forum lead me to understand that in order to use the "Ground station" app, I'd have to buy the Light Bridge equipment. If you haven't already, just don't even look at the price!

I'm perfectly happy with the poor man's version of Ground station found on DJI's Vision app!

Couchie said:
I too was initially confused on this. Prior to ordering my first P2V+, I DL'ed the "Ground Station" app and couldn't wait to start using it. A lot more reading and asking questions on this forum lead me to understand that in order to use the "Ground station" app, I'd have to buy the Light Bridge equipment. If you haven't already, just don't even look at the price!

I'm perfectly happy with the poor man's version of Ground station found on DJI's Vision app!

To use the full blown Ground Station app you need the DJI Data link, not the lightbridge. There are threads that explain everything about how to get the P2VP and data link working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20