Ipad + Tx cheapo solution !!!

Reaction score
Ok others on the forum have built some bespoke solutions to enable them to fly their vision using a mini iPad. Today I set myself a challenge to build my own Ipad / Tx mount from whatever I could find laying around the house! Its not pretty but it does work :lol:

Now can I bring myself to be seen in public with it. :roll:

So in true 'Blue Peter' style (a uk tv show where kids make stuff out of waste material) this is what I used.

A small dry wipe board.
4 bulldog clips (large)
One old camera strap
2 pieces of non slip rubber mat
One tin foil food container
Some double sided adhesive pads (to stick container to board)

Attachments

• Ipad Tx.jpg
    Ipad Tx.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 433
I like this concept better than some of the mounts placed over the TX antenna and would potentially block line of sight to the P2V. And balance would seem better. A great idea worthy of some refinements! Thx.

There is no stopping me now. Version 2 has just been released which now features 2 more bulldog clips to each side of the Ipad to ensure it can't fall off. Next is to add a sun shield.

neils said:
:lol: Thats worse than the dinner plate i used to use for learning to fly me heli :lol:

Sorry for laughing very resourceful :shock:

If you think it looks awful now you wait till you see it with the sun shield in place. I have just been outside and completed a field test and it works brilliantly. Then again it is dark at the moment ..........

Shrimpfarmer said:
neils said:
:lol: Thats worse than the dinner plate i used to use for learning to fly me heli :lol:

Sorry for laughing very resourceful :shock:

If you think it looks awful now you wait till you see it with the sun shield in place. I have just been outside and completed a field test and it works brilliantly. Then again it is dark at the moment ..........

I remember having a girlfriend who looked great in the dark too... :shock:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan