IPad Pro Exposure

Reaction score
So I have just moved from an Nvidia Shield to an IPAD Pro (10.5" screen)

One thing I have noticed is that, when I adjust the exposure to look good on the Ipad while flying, I am often overexposed when I get back to my computer.

So far, most of my work has been with the Ipad in the winter (Snow) so that may be throwing me off. But I don't remember this with my other display.

Has anyone else noticed this, or have a solution.

Thanks in Advance

So I have just moved from an Nvidia Shield to an IPAD Pro (10.5" screen)

One thing I have noticed is that, when I adjust the exposure to look good on the Ipad while flying, I am often overexposed when I get back to my computer.

So far, most of my work has been with the Ipad in the winter (Snow) so that may be throwing me off. But I don't remember this with my other display.

Has anyone else noticed this, or have a solution.

Thanks in Advance
Enable the histogram and learn to read it. This is the only safe way to manually judge exposure. (Actually, you can alternatively activate zebra stripes to only show clipped highlights)

Read the screen - it tells you the correct exposure level ( 0EV ) or ( -0.3EV ) is what your after if you cant see the image then its maybe your iPad brightness need altering or you need a screen SUN SHADE.

Reactions: fasterpastor
What exposure compensation are you dialing in? If anything 0EV as metered should be slightly underexposed.

Post some samples with your settings to give us a clue what you are experiencing.

What exposure compensation are you dialing in? If anything 0EV as metered should be slightly underexposed.

Post some samples with your settings to give us a clue what you are experiencing.
I am used to adjusting the exposue- + or - ev until it "looks right" but with the Ipad I find this issue, so I need to learn a different routine. On the other side, I have been doing a fair amount of winter inspection with snow on the ground, so adjusting for that is new to me to have enough light to see the subject in detail, but not be overexposed.

Thanks for the tips to all, will update and post some more this week, going to get some rain which should melt the snow, and I will try in more normal conditions.

Enable the histogram and learn to read it. This is the only safe way to manually judge exposure. (Actually, you can alternatively activate zebra stripes to only show clipped highlights)

This is a great idea, I forget this exists, have used the overExposure warning, let me give that a try. TY!

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
I use the bigger iPad Pro (12.9”) and have no issues. I try to keep the tallest loop/blip in the middle of that screen insert. If it’s to the left or right it seems like I get over or under exposure. This may be all wrong technically speaking, but so far it’s worked for me, my 4K vids look great and the iPad Pro with a hood works amazingly well......

.... Yes, I not only have a neck strap but shoulder harness as well. Looking into a tripod next up, the combo of the big iPad and external amps/antenna gets kinda heavy after about 10 mins.

Hehe, guess I’m a 6-4, 240lb baby! ;)

Reactions: fasterpastor

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik