iPad Pro 9.7" DJI Go Test

Reaction score
I will be testing out my new Phantom 4 with the just released 9.7" iPad Pro. It's the same size and weight as the iPad Air 2. The screen is 25% brighter, and that should help outside. From initial side by side comparison of the screens, at full brightness outside on a very sunny day, the iPad Pro was noticeably more readable. That should help the on screen visuals when flying, without a sun shade. Apple says that the reflectivity of the screen is 40% less than the Air 2 as well.

Buying mine this weekend to replace my iPad Air 2. Opted for the cellular version with 256gb as well, my Phantom has me spending all sorts of money on things I probably don't need.

Reactions: RadioMike
Love my iPad mini 4 LTE. Bought it the day iPad Pro 9.7 was announced

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

image.jpeg
Confirmed that the 9.7" iPad Pro has 2GB Ram.

I will be testing out my new Phantom 4 with the just released 9.7" iPad Pro. It's the same size and weight as the iPad Air 2. The screen is 25% brighter, and that should help outside. From initial side by side comparison of the screens, at full brightness outside on a very sunny day, the iPad Pro was noticeably more readable. That should help the on screen visuals when flying, without a sun shade. Apple says that the reflectivity of the screen is 40% less than the Air 2 as well.

I have the Air 2 now and look forward to your review :)

Picked up my Pro 9.7 256GB today as well, liking it a lot so far, just need some more sun to give it a good test in daylight...

I'm interested too. I ran the Air 2 and now the Mini 4. I prefer the size of the Mini 4 but if 25% more brightness and 40% less reflectivity translates to a big difference in the real world then I might have to go back to the larger tablet.

Reactions: BigPig
Just took my iPad Mini 3 and the iPad Pro 9.7 out into the bright sunlight.

At the worst possible angle, the mini 3 was completely unreadable while the Pro 9.7 was still just about usable.

So yes, it is certainly better than the mini 3 but in very bright sunlight you are still going to want to use a sunshade of some kind...

If you want the best bang for the buck in the way of a completely portable, lightweight sunshade, that fits any and all devices, and gives you the very best view in direct sunlight, try a simple black cloth over your your head and the device. Worked for view cameras. Still works for the best FPV experience!

You can build yourself a simple Sun star shade. A forum friend made his, from an empty Mikes Hard Lemonaid box.;-) yeah, it works great, looks awesome, even folds up.
When you are done building, refreshments will be served. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

iPad Pro 9.7 with silicone sleeve that has precut side for keyboard fits perfectly in P4 RC holder
0502ccbfa2834a32cab94a3ec2cee94e.jpg
707550c70ceb8327242bf756c5d76413.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

iPad Pro 9.7 with silicone sleeve that has precut side for keyboard fits perfectly in P4 RC holder
0502ccbfa2834a32cab94a3ec2cee94e.jpg
707550c70ceb8327242bf756c5d76413.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
hows that ipad pro 9.7 working out for you? any problems connecting? on the fence between that and i ipad mini 4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4