iPad mini versus iPhone 6plus

Reaction score
Hi I have an iPhone 6plus. And was thinking of getting a new iPad mini 4
Is the larger screen a big benefit?
Do I still have gps on iPad for follow me?

Any thoughts on above

You need the cellular version to have follow me on ipad cause they are the only models with gps. Other than that a wifi version is fine. Follow me is pretty dumb anyway. Plus you can buy an add on gps unit which is more powerful anyway.

I would suggest the iPad mini with cellular. You will want cell access when the iOS ground station apps start coming out. The screen size will make a large impact when planning a waypoint flight. I personally use both iPad mini and iPhone 6 Plus, I prefer the iPad mini for our GS app

I really like having a dedicated screen larger than my phone, and the inspire1 sunshade fits it like a glove.

I really like having a dedicated screen larger than my phone, and the inspire1 sunshade fits it like a glove.
I have both the ipad mini 2 with cellular and the Iphone 6 plus!! I flew a few times with the iphone 6 plus and found it very hard to see much of anything. The larger screen size on the Ipad mini2 was a great improvement for me and I would highly recommend it. Actually if mine died for some reason I would go out and buy another immediately rather then fly with the 6 plus

Reactions: grottoli
The iPad Mini is a prefect size -- not too small and not too large and bulky. If you get the cellular model, you do not need to enable the cell service in order to use GPS.

Getting an iPad Mini 4 for my birthday tomorrow! Can't wait! Getting it with Wi-Fi and Cellular but won't get a data plan. Other than downloading the app and hooking up to the RC, anything else I need to know? Settings made through the controller with the iPhone should remain the same with the iPad, correct?

Settings made through the controller with the iPhone should remain the same with the iPad, correct?
Some settings are stored on your mobile device (where DJI GO is installed). So, you should double-check them all when you get your iPad.

Reactions: TWP723
Hi I have an iPhone 6plus. And was thinking of getting a new iPad mini 4
Is the larger screen a big benefit?
Do I still have gps on iPad for follow me?

Any thoughts on above
how many batteries do you have cause if you need more you can get the mini 2 or 3 without the cellular and you could save some money to buy an extra battery or something just a suggestion cause i went with the mini2 16gb on sale for about $230 before tax... works great

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Heard a lot of people here say it was a great choice as well.

Reactions: Romans109
I use an iPad Mini 2, non cell, with my P3A. The screen size vs my iPhone 6 is absolutely better, not just for the camera view, but the menus are so much easier to read and navigate. I don't use follow me mode, but I think if you wanted to, you can use your cell phone as a hot spot. Has anyone done this? Does the wifi between the tablet and the phone interfere with the controller wifi between tablet and bird?

I have both the ipad mini 2 with cellular and the Iphone 6 plus!! I flew a few times with the iphone 6 plus and found it very hard to see much of anything. The larger screen size on the Ipad mini2 was a great improvement for me and I would highly recommend it. Actually if mine died for some reason I would go out and buy another immediately rather then fly with the 6 plus

Same here. 6s and mini2 cellular. Use mini 2. Works with Go, Litchi, Autopilot, Vertical Studio, Phantom Flight.

So far so good.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Romans109
I use an iPad Mini 2, non cell, with my P3A. The screen size vs my iPhone 6 is absolutely better, not just for the camera view, but the menus are so much easier to read and navigate. I don't use follow me mode, but I think if you wanted to, you can use your cell phone as a hot spot. Has anyone done this? Does the wifi between the tablet and the phone interfere with the controller wifi between tablet and bird?
i was thinking the same same thing about using your iphone wifi but i don't think it would have any affect with the rc and bird

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I initially used an iPad mini thinking the bigger screen would make a difference. I elected to use my iPhone 6 Plus instead. The increased screen size didn't really make a big difference in my opinion.

I also liked the convenience since I have my iPhone with me at all times which allowed me to use the DJI app to view, edit and download the videos and view the flight log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I initially used an iPad mini thinking the bigger screen would make a difference. I elected to use my iPhone 6 Plus instead. The increased screen size didn't really make a big difference in my opinion.

I also liked the convenience since I have my iPhone with me at all times which allowed me to use the DJI app to view, edit and download the videos and view the flight log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with that although, to me, it's purely preparation. I know my iPad Mini2 cellular is fully charged and ready to 'go the distance'. My phone is just that, my phone. While a cell phone is a perfectly acceptable device, I like the 'separation of duties'. (And I get to use it to read all these fantastic forum postings... without squinting)

Cheers, P.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4