Ipad Mini 4

Reaction score
This is a simple question and I'm sure it's been addressed but I can't find it. I'm going to buy a new Ipad Mini 4 64 gb but I have no need for the cellular model and don't really want to spend the money for it. However, I don't think the non cellular (wifi only) models have built in gps. That won't matter will it? The GPS signal comes from the bird thru wifi? Correct?

Well, I've found a bunch of information in the 9 minutes since I posted this. But, some of you guys that are flying with the wifi only mini 4, do you regret your decision to save the $$$s?

The GPS signal comes from the bird thru wifi?
There is a GPS receiver in the bird. That GPS data cannot be used for the Follow Me feature or to reset your home point to your current location after takeoff. If neither of those features are needed, then you won't need GPS on your mobile device. And, if you find you need to add GPS later, you could buy an external Blueooth GPS receiver -- like one of these.

I use an iPad Mini 2 (cell version). The only time I've used the GPS in the tablet during flight was for Follow Me mode (on Litchi) and found it to be more of a curiosity than any thing useful.

SB

OK thanks guys. If follow me is something I wanted to do, I could use my iphone 6 which is what I'm flying with now

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4