iPad Mini 4 Wifi vs Cellular/GPS + iPad Storage capacity

Base as in a 16GB iPad Mini? I have both the iPad Mini 2 16GB and iPad Mini 4 16GB. Both are used solely flying. I have plenty of storage space left... not even sure what I'm going to do with all of it :)
I personally would never buy a 16GB device. Just not enough space.

I personally would never buy a 16GB device. Just not enough space.
Depends on what you're going to use it for. If it's like me, mainly just for the drone, kindle, netflix, Hulu then 16Gb is more than enough.

I have other devices I use for my music streaming, photo archives etc etc. So my tablet just serves very specific purposes. Any way, got a stupendous deal on the 64gb :) So couldn't turn it down.

I ended up switching out the iPad Mini 4 16GB for the 64GB Cellular. Thanks for the tips. I can sleep easy tonight.
Me too..
Bought the Mini 4 16GB last week - 2 days later I was standing in the Customer Service line at my local BestBuy to exchange it for the 64GB cellular... Glad I did.

I was looking for a ipad mini last week and found out AT&T is selling the iPad mini 3 ... they still have some left... for the wifi/cellular with 128GB that I picked up yesterday they have the price at $349... the 64GB is $250.... thats a great deal on a new ipad mini...

Are you sure that the Home Point is set by using the coordinates of the tablet/phone and not those in the Phantom's GPS?

I'm assuming the Home Point is the coordinates/waypoint that the RTH mode uses?

T

I have a DJI P3A and am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 without wifi and without cell or internet. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is connected to the RC, the RC is connected via 2.4Ghz signal to the Phantom. I use the DJI Go app which receives it's information from the remote controller (RC). The RC is the link between the Phantom and the RC and receives it's information from the Phantom. The DJI Go app because it is connected via cable to the RC displays what is happening with the Phantom and the RC which includes the camera view. The tablet/cell using DJI Go or whatever app you are using is only used to display what is happening to the phantom and that information is sent from the phantom to the RC which displays the information only to the tablet or cell you are using through the DJI Go app or whatever app you are using. This explanation is redundant but hopefully gets the point across in different ways.

[EDIT] I use my Samsung Galaxy S4 (cell phone) for anything where I need internet, wifi, or other information like No Fly Zones, weather, etc. separate from my Galaxy Tab 4 (tablet) I use for flying. This way my other information does not degrade the quality of my flying (using my Galaxy Tab 4 tablet) and I don't have to go out of my DJI Go app to find other information. In other words, I use my Galaxy Tab 4 (tablet) for flying and I use my Galaxy S4 (cell phone) for any internet or wifi information. I always have my cell phone with me anyway.

Last edited:
Can I connect my miny 4 to my cell phone by wifi hot spot and have all gps and map functions?
No. You cannot share GPS data by tethering. You'll need to use a device that contains a GPS receiver or attach an external GPS receiver (like one of these).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers