iPad mini 4 cell service a must?

Reaction score
Just purchased an iPad Mini 4 through Amazon about seven weeks ago with WiFi only capability to use as my monitor for my Phantom 4 controller.
Found out after taking an aerial photography class that cell capability is needed to utilize all of the intelligent flight modes of my Phantom 4 Pro. Supposedly because I won’t be able to get satellite connections with a WiFi-only iPad.
Maybe this is some basic knowledge that I should have known, but it was news to me. Now I’m past the 30-day return/exchange window. Can I still use this iPad mini 4 to connect my drone & controller with satellites while it’s using a hotspot from my cell phone?

Found out after taking an aerial photography class that cell capability is needed to utilize all of the intelligent flight modes of my Phantom 4 Pro
It's only needed if you want to use the Follow Me flight mode.

Can I still use this iPad mini 4 to connect my drone & controller with satellites while it’s using a hotspot from my cell phone?
You can connect to a hot spot to share the Internet connection, but not the GPS data required for the Follow Me flight mode.

If you need to add GPS to your mobile device, you could connect one of these Bluetooth GPS receivers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik