iPad mini 2 users only

rmw

Reaction score
Hi...quick question: Is the latest version of DJI Go still having problems with IOS9 on the mini2? I updated my mini2 to ios9 and immediately had video dropout. I was able to roll back to 8.x and get full functionality back.

Bottom line= I'd like to take my mini2 to IOS9 if that video problem has been corrected with either ios9 or Go updates.

Thanks

My iPad mini 2 has no problem. I exclusively use it for P3 with no other apps installed.

Reactions: nosisme
I am a holdout. Still on 8.4.1. I missed the iOS 9 window waiting for DJI to fix Ground Station. By the time the finally did it was to late for me. :(

So none of you, who are using the iPad Mini, are experiencing any overheating issues? I returned mine and traded up to the iPad Air 2 Cellular for that sole reason. It got too hot.

RedHotPoker

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Many of us use the iPad 2 Mini with no issues. Use it and go fly!

The Overheating issue, doesn't seem to bother some , & for others, it doesn't affect them, just some users.

The one I had, was a cooker.
But I never tried to warm my lunch on it. ;-)

The iPad Air 2 has a built in heat sink, which keeps mine cool as a cucumber, even after 4 consecutive flight batteries. No brainier.

RedHotPoker

Holding out still and waiting for the return of my Phantom. Had to send it back for stress cracks. When I get it back I'll update it after a few flights of course. :)

The Overheating issue, doesn't seem to bother some , & for others, it doesn't affect them, just some users.

The one I had, was a cooker.
But I never tried to warm my lunch on it. ;-)

The iPad Air 2 has a built in heat sink, which keeps mine cool as a cucumber, even after 4 consecutive flight batteries. No brainier.

RedHotPoker
I have issues with my iPad mini2 overheating on days that are above 90F. I sometimes use refreezable ice packs between flights to cool it off.

Too hot for the red hot poker? :)
I had to laugh pretty good, during the warmer months of summer.
I have issues with my iPad mini2 overheating on days that are above 90F. I sometimes use refreezable ice packs between flights to cool it off.
I swear I wrote this before reading the above. Sorry if my ramblings offended you.
Recalling how some were describing their ingenious methods to beat that heat, with clever vacuum bags of water, frozen and applied to the iPad Mimi, like a cold compress for a fracture or torn ligament, pulled tendon. I almost pulled a few muscles myself, from laughing so hard.
Practically rolled on the floor in delerium. Well, all though not nearly as funny, like at a memorable George Carlin concert I attended, but uproarious just the same. Ice packs? Hehe, no take it back.
I grin even now, thinking about it.
'Wait till I show off my new 'cooler' to the guys at the flying field."
Yes, too hot to tango, even for me. An old branding-iron type.

I may now, laugh myself to sleep, tonight. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Also have over heating issues with my Mini 2. To the point where I can't fly with it. Ended up buying a Budget Samsung tablet which works a lot better and seems to have a better screen. Half the price too!

Hi...quick question: Is the latest version of DJI Go still having problems with IOS9 on the mini2? I updated my mini2 to ios9 and immediately had video dropout. I was able to roll back to 8.x and get full functionality back.

Bottom line= I'd like to take my mini2 to IOS9 if that video problem has been corrected with either ios9 or Go updates.

Thanks
works fine if you dont have too many other apps installed---especially the gopro 4 camera control app---that one caused all kinds of havoc with the dji app

Also have over heating issues with my Mini 2. To the point where I can't fly with it. Ended up buying a Budget Samsung tablet which works a lot better and seems to have a better screen. Half the price too!
Good that you found a bargain priced replacement.
I returned my iPad mini 2 for the same reason. Overheating.
Happy now with the iPad Air 2 64gb Cellular. Yes, all though it's just a little overpriced device. But stays cool, even after four consecutive flight batteries worth of air time.
Enjoy your flight times now.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj