ipad mini 2 cellular + wifi or just wifi?

Reaction score
hey
decided to buy an ipad mini 2 for my phantom 3 as my iPhone 5 lags a lot,
would I need to buy a cellular + wifi model or will the wifi model be ok ?

help much appreciated.

thanks mike

The Wi-Fi only model will be fine if you don't want to use features that require GPS on your mobile device. For now, that includes follow me and resetting the home point to your current location. If you want to use those features, you can get the cellular model and use it without activating the cell service.

The Wi-Fi only model will be fine if you don't want to use features that require GPS on your mobile device. For now, that includes follow me and resetting the home point to your current location. If you want to use those features, you can get the cellular model and use it without activating the cell service.

Thanks

do you know if the ipad mini 2 would be ok or should I go for the ipad mini 4 ?

Sorry to resurrect this old post, but is having a SIM card required? I know to look for a WiFi + Cellular, and I've found an iPad Mini 3 with that at a price I like. But it has no SIM card. Considering (again) taking the plunge and getting a P4.

Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect this old post, but is having a SIM card required?
It's not required in order to use GPS on your mobile device if that's what you're asking. The cellular model is only important because those are the only Apple models that contain GPS receivers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers