iPad mini (1) P3P

Reaction score
So I've got an iPad mini 1 (16gb) that i wanted to use with my p3p. I have a ipad mini 4 i use with my p4p and it works great, however when i use the 1st generation mini (with the p3p) the video transmission is terrible, intermittent green screen and lots of lag/glitching. I used my iPhone 6 with the same craft with zero issues. Does the 1st generation just not work well with the go app? I read that storage space was a possible cause for the bad video quality so i deleted a bunch of apps and now have over 3gb of free space but the problem remains.

No, unfortunately the iPad Mini 1 just doesn't have enough "horsepower" to stream the video in DJI Go. The iPad Mini 2 is the minimum for the DJI Go app.

Check DJI's list of approved devices. If I recall the Mini 1's processor isn't fast enough.

SB

Bummer, That was my suspicion. I had hoped to be able to use a tablet I already have and not have to buy a new one.. Such is life though right?!

I have a mini 2 and it has now started to struggle with go4 for my magic with the recent update. Still runs the legacy go though just fine.

My iPad mini 2 also now struggles especially with autopilot apps such as MME (unreliable), not recommended anymore.

Well i think im going to use the iphone for flying for fun and i might have to borrow my works mini 4 when i fly for hire. Until i get a new ipad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie