IPAD keeps tilting back.

Reaction score
I have a P3P and bought the
Jrelecs® Metal Iron Mobile Device Holder for Phantom 3
and
JUSTO Extended Mount for DJI Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 Mobile Device Holder to Clip Ipad, Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 or Other 10 Inch Tablets
From amazon, but my IPAD Air2 keep tilting flat when it's in the mount. I tightened the screw that holds the tilt, but didn't want to break it. Anyone have some good idea's for making it to the IPAD will not tilt flat when I'm flying? Not the end of the world, but figured you guy's know all the tricks.

48ec8915281c5fa42d7c879eacef12db.jpg

009fba7fca86e2535d6e4bbe45353e88.jpg

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The issue seems clear, limited surface area at the pivot point.

You could try a nyloc nut (nylon insert that grips the thread) to help heep it tight and prevent loosening.

You coud remove the washer under the bolt head and or replace with a fibre washer to increase friction.

Looks to be a poor design out of the box.

Reactions: Jojoned
Your asking a lot from the phone/tablet holder by leaving your iPad in a case and using an extension piece to fit it all in.

I use an naked iPad Air on a metal Inspire bracket on a P3P and have never had any problems with any of the fixings. Try yours without the case and extension piece and see if it solves your droopy thingy. :)

Your asking a lot from the phone/tablet holder by leaving your iPad in a case and using an extension piece to fit it all in.

I use an naked iPad Air on a metal Inspire bracket on a P3P and have never had any problems with any of the fixings. Try yours without the case and extension piece and see if it solves your droopy thingy. :)
Asking a lot maybe......

Asking too much? No. Ive had no issues...

20160408_123505-1.jpg

I had the same problem with my 1st metal bracket I tried. For me, I used a spring loaded punch (Home Depot or lowes) to put indentations in the bracket so the holder would have something to "bite" on. Worked for me.
Here are pics of the tool and what I did with it -
ab969b6d0ad3af835502fb1acc630cde.jpg
b
d11f671b8b379ef5fb0ba3053e662f74.jpg
6ff9282d7111ce43f29f249f997e0bfc.jpg

de2c3b44a8a5161488ecf9e13ab7f3bf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Fly Girl
thanks for all the feed back, I might have to try that punch. With the birds, Is that the coat hanger mod you made? I was going to make it, but ended up with the platic 3d printed mount, but might make the coat hanger ver. since it looks a lot smaller and lighter. The metal bracket I got holds well, but yeah the platic tablet mount seems to not have enough bite to hold steady.

You can make two small washers out of a sheet of fine grit sandpaper. Face the grit side of sandpaper towards the plastic tablet holder.

You can make two small washers out of a sheet of fine grit sandpaper. Face the grit side of sandpaper towards the plastic tablet holder.

Would I still be able to fold it down to put it in the bag doing the sand paper, just worried it would sand down the plastic over time.

Thanks, It it works well it's worth it to have to but a new bracket over time, normal replacement part. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try the punch and then the sandpaper idea.

I saw that bracket, but spend half the price, you get what you pay for, I modified mine with the loaded punch tool from homedepot and bam all is good. It works a little too well now when I fully tighten the bracket the bracket is rock solid, so now I will just loosen it when I need to fold it back up for my case. Thanks for the tips.

I'll most likely get the other bracket later since it looks like the hold for the neck strap is larger, the one on my bracket is not big enough for the DJI shoulder strap, the clamps can't both fit in.

87b93c1645ed79619320d568ddeaae7f.jpg

6c19f7c5ed02f209d6ffde9e10ababdf.jpg

Glad it worked for you as well Malster1. Funny thing is, I bought the Drone Identification one with the wider foot and it tilts worse than my first metal bracket did before I used the punch that is pictured above. I am going to try the sandpaper washer idea on that one this weekend as I do love the wider foot. I love the things we can learn on here from each other :).
If you do go with the Drone Identification one, you might want to ask others if the holes are large enough on the bracket to fit the piece that clips on to it from the DJI strap. I only have a regular neck strap, but I can tell you the metal clamp (whatever the piece is called that attaches your neck strap to the metal holder) is very tight and difficult to get competitive closed in the holes of the wide foot bracket. I actually have 2 neck straps and both fit this way on the bracket from Drone Identification. I'm sure someone one here can shed some light on it.

Last edited:
thanks for all the feed back, I might have to try that punch. With the birds, Is that the coat hanger mod you made? I was going to make it, but ended up with the platic 3d printed mount, but might make the coat hanger ver. since it looks a lot smaller and lighter. The metal bracket I got holds well, but yeah the platic tablet mount seems to not have enough bite to hold steady.
Yes thats the one. Thought it would be a short term fix only however does the job perfectly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic