iPad Ground Station with Phantom

Ksc

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the Phantom has a Naza M and the new iPad Ground Station works with a Naza M. So am I correct in thinking that I can use the ground station with my phantom? I have the zenmuse upgrade board inside.

Ksc said:
It is my understanding that the Phantom has a Naza M and the new iPad Ground Station works with a Naza M. So am I correct in thinking that I can use the ground station with my phantom? I have the zenmuse upgrade board inside.
My thinking is that you need the DJI BT module fitted before you will be able to talk to the Phantom via the software, but that's just a guess.

If you've installed the new Upgrade Board, then you won't be able to use the BT module. It needs to talk to a S-Bus connector.

I had the same problem when I purchased the the iOSD Mark II unit.

Best regard,

Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

YAHOO!! DJI just announced this yesterday. Ground Station will be available for the Phantom 2 Vision very soon. :D :D

December 4, 2013
We are very excited to announce that with a firmware update, the Phantom 2 Vision will be able to capture and store pictures in Adobe DNG RAW format in-camera. The update will be released in late December.

Additionally, a separate firmware and mobile phone App update will be released providing the Phantom 2 Vision with Ground Station capabilities including waypoint editing and autonomous waypoint navigation. The update will be released around the end of December or early January.

All you need is a Canbus Hub. Having the upgrade board doesn't help at all as it doesn't give you a spare canbus port which, IMHO, is about as stupid as it gets.

As the Ground station 2.4g repeater doesn't have a pass-thru Canbus port, you have to expand the canbus port on the Naza-M by using a hub. Then you connect the Phantom GPS line to one hub port, and the GS Repeater to another.
Personally I hang the GS repeater outside the frame but leave the hub inside, not such a pain although even less room in the frame leftover once you get the hub in there.....

BT support onboard the Phantom isn't needed. The Bluetooth connection to your iPad is handled by the ground end of the setup. Frankly I never saw a reason to have Bluetooth onboard a bird.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31