iPad Card Reader

Reaction score
Just ordered this from eBay. Does it work as described or is it another finicky thing? It would be so nice to pop the card from the bird into this and- boom -video is on the iPad in all its glory!

eBay

I have used readers like this before and I do find them finicky. Issues with recognizing file names, and also with power requirements. I had to try many combinations of readers and cards to find one that worked every now and then, and then always make sure I used a very specific file naming syntax. I gave up and switched to a Bluetooth device to read cards.

Back in the day they used to work much better, but then Apple made a change in iOS that lowered the output voltage. After that, many readers and other devices (keyboards, microphones, etc) would no longer work. Some readers still work if they and their card draw low enough. Other readers need an external power supply.

Reactions: JoBe
Bluetooth card reader? Whats the info on that?
This is the one I use. I wanted something that was versatile and not locked into only Apple devices and only camera files (photos and video). I use it when I have a sweet photo from the P3 that I want to post to social networks right away. I keep it in my case so it's there when I want it. Most of the time nowadays I don't even look at my P3 photos and videos while in the field, so I don't really use it very often.

MobileLite Wireless G2 extends tablet/phone storage | Kingston Technology

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I use the Apple card reader and I find it works well. My only gripe is that iOS doesn't natively support playing 4k video so you have to view the video in certain apps and you can't edit it.

I use the Apple card reader and I find it works well. My only gripe is that iOS doesn't natively support playing 4k video so you have to view the video in certain apps and you can't edit it.

Can you use iMovie to edit, then use certain apps to view?
If using iMovie to edit, what is the video quality like if you were to use apple tv/iMovie to watch the saved video on the tv?

I'd recommend just the OEM apple SD to lightning adapter. Works fine. Now that the DJI Go software allows you to import files I may be able to use it. I just wish they had a template for longer than a 1 minute video.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj