iPad and Vision Plus?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 1 and 2, I will admit I know very little about the Vision Plus. My local firehouse approached me about the use of drones, one of the volunteers had seen my videos. In a nut shell for what they have to spend I said the Vision Plus was a great option. With that said they were wondering about using an iPad instead of an iPhone. I have no idea if it would work or not, so here I am.

Thanks

Geert said:
FASTFJR said:
I have a Phantom 1 and 2, I will admit I know very little about the Vision Plus. My local firehouse approached me about the use of drones, one of the volunteers had seen my videos. In a nut shell for what they have to spend I said the Vision Plus was a great option. With that said they were wondering about using an iPad instead of an iPhone. I have no idea if it would work or not, so here I am.

Thanks

Yes, iPad or iPad mini will work as FPV tablet.
Just download the app for the iPhone on your iPad.
The iPad nor the iPad mini will not fit in the standard mount.

Geert./.

Thanks, Does the iPad or iPad Mini need cell service? I'm assuming someone here has already built a holder for an iPad

I use a full size iPad on a camera tripod and it works great. I bought an iPad holder for the tripod on eBay. If I want to move around while flying, I use a cheap ($33) iRulu 7" tablet that I can mount right to the transmitter. All I did was cut a strip of Plexiglas about 4" long and 1" wide and used a heat gun to bend the ends over a piece of tubing to make it "S" shaped. It fits great using the phone holder on the transmitter and the tablet weight is not excessive.

pb7424 said:
I use a full size iPad on a camera tripod and it works great. I bought an iPad holder for the tripod on eBay. If I want to move around while flying, I use a cheap ($33) iRulu 7" tablet that I can mount right to the transmitter. All I did was cut a strip of Plexiglas about 4" long and 1" wide and used a heat gun to bend the ends over a piece of tubing to make it "S" shaped. It fits great using the phone holder on the transmitter and the tablet weight is not excessive.

Do you have a picture?

Here you go. I used small pieces of adhesive backed rubber strips at the ends for a better grip. Also added a small piece of Velcro to keep the Plexiglas piece attached to the back of the tablet.

Attachments

• IMG_0046 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0046 (800x600).jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_0046 (2) (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0046 (2) (800x600).jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 480

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members