Ipad air mount

Reaction score
This is my ipad air mount works great and well balanced .Love the huge screen compared to my iphone
Can be done for less than 40.00 and removes easy for pack up just unlick go pro mount.
I posted parts of this earlier on a mini ipad but thought a full size ipad would be better and it is.
Now I have 14 flights on it and love the set up! easy and cheap no cobbleing together misc parts

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 1,586
  • IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,558
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,540
Nice. I have an iPad mini on mine and I've been really happy with it too. So much nicer to have a bigger screen to look at. Do you have a shade to use so you don't get too much glare? I tried using the iHoodie, but didn't have much luck with it staying on so I currently don't have anything to shade it, but I definitely need something.

Do you have a shade to use so you don't get too much glare? I tried using the iHoodie, but didn't have much luck with it staying on so I currently don't have anything to shade it, but I definitely need something.[/quote]
Don't use anything currently I did see the hoodie but was waiting for others to check out. It is not to bad with the big screen even if glares I get better picture than small screen and glare

Cheers. Looks good. May do the same with my ipad mini.

This has to be the best way I have seen a larger screen mounted.

Looks great....BUT does the helmet front mount attach to the transmitter via stickiness/Glue??? If so I'm really worried about it coming off. After all it's designed for a small GoPro not a heavy full size iPad.

Do you also have issues with turning the whole setup super front heavy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djayz said:
Looks great....BUT does the helmet front mount attach to the transmitter via stickiness/Glue??? If so I'm really worried about it coming off. After all it's designed for a small GoPro not a heavy full size iPad.

No holds great anyone that has ever tried to remove one knows they darn near break the clip before the pad lets lose.

Do you also have issues with turning the whole setup super front heavy?

Not sure of your question but yes it is a little front heavy, have to keep one hand on it then hanging from strap
but i did with my iphone attached also

Brown412 said:
Do you need a cellular Ipad Air or will just the WIFI version work on the phantom 2?

no just wifi

Since my first post I relocated my strap connection so it balances no hands
added a screen block ( total cost 5.00 ) its just a plastic folder cut to size and Velcro
folds up for storage in my tradecraft case :D

I love the extra size so I can read the battery level and and Sats and see my fpv a lot better
I have run 6 batteries through and the charge is still at 40% way better than my power hungry iphone5

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 543
  • screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 537
  • hang.jpg
    hang.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 521
Don't be too worried about GoPro stickies , my go pro mount with Garmin virb can withstand 178 mph (race track speed only ;0) ( if any Feds are reading ) on an r1 and not come off !! They really do stick even when you give it some stick!

I started using strips of Velcro over a year ago it has worked perfectly for me. It is easy to remove the strips and any adhesive that remains is easy to remove. Just a thought.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20