iPad Air 2

Be interested in what you think in sunny conditions... I find the ipads hard to see between glare and brightness - so I tend to stick with my iPhone 6 plus... but congrats :)

Just bought myself a new iPad Air 2. 64gig. Fantastic upgrade from my iPad mini 2, only just fits on my controller and glad I bought the inspire holder, no wobble at all now.
Agreed. I did the same change - from Mini 2 to Air 2. That was when the Mini 2 would just overheat to uselessness in my hot climate so I had to do something. The Air 2 is much better, and I also have the Inspire mount which works great. Also, the built in anti-reflective screen of the Air 2 makes it much easier to see outdoors. I don't even use a sunshade anymore which was a must with the Mini 2 unless you just wanted a mirror!

Agreed. I did the same change - from Mini 2 to Air 2. That was when the Mini 2 would just overheat to uselessness in my hot climate so I had to do something. The Air 2 is much better, and I also have the Inspire mount which works great. Also, the built in anti-reflective screen of the Air 2 makes it much easier to see outdoors. I don't even use a sunshade anymore which was a must with the Mini 2 unless you just wanted a mirror!
Hi, so you ordered the Inspire mount for your P3P Controller? Does it fit without modification? I ask because I was online at the DJI Store doing a chat session, and they told me that the Inspire holder does not fit the P3P controller...thanks

Hi, so you ordered the Inspire mount for your P3P Controller? Does it fit without modification? I ask because I was online at the DJI Store doing a chat session, and they told me that the Inspire holder does not fit the P3P controller...thanks
The inspire fits perfect to the phantom 3 controller, it's the same design as the plastic one but in aluminium,it only just opens enough to fit the size of the air 2 though.

Order this one instead of the inspire model. Its cheaper and solve one additional issue that the DJI mount doesn't.
Infinity Hobby
It has a lock nut where the pin screws down in to the controller. This pin works loose on the inspire model, and does so terrible on the P3 version. It doesnt come with the cradle its self. But who needs 2?

Yes, it fits perfectly.

You can get it as a complete unit such as this one:
DJI Mobile Device Holder for Inspire 1 Transmitter CP.BX.000054

or

just get the aluminum arm from Taco RC and replace the plastic one you have now:
TACO-RC Aluminium Tablet holder bracket for DJI Phantom 3 Ipad Free Shipping

Last edited:
Do u rilly dont need the sunshade thing?.. For me i still need it unless u took off the screen protectir, am i right? I got myself the low cost fpv goggles now for sunny days.. Air cant compete wid it as it is completely shaded

I bought one from taco and it fits perfectly but you do need to have a small (1.5mm I think) allen key to remove and refit the knurled mounting screw works a treat with ipad air 2 ..no more wobble.

Does anyone use a short 3rd party lightening cable? I have been using one and although it was doing fine, I have gotten enough app disconnect - one nasty during flight - that it has made me start flying with the oem cable that came with the tablet. I'm starting to think that may have been causing my app problems. We'll see.

Does anyone use a short 3rd party lightening cable? I have been using one and although it was doing fine, I have gotten enough app disconnect - one nasty during flight - that it has made me start flying with the oem cable that came with the tablet. I'm starting to think that may have been causing my app problems. We'll see.

You can't beat this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=datkinnet-20&linkId=COOSZGZYI6UQKIV7&psc=1

No problems ever with it. I bought 3, one for each P3P and a backup.

Oh, and the Air 2 is the way to go!

You can't beat this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=datkinnet-20&linkId=COOSZGZYI6UQKIV7&psc=1

Oh yes I can!

1.5 Ft, Apple Authorized Lightning USB Charge and Sync Cable, White

I also use an iPad Air 2 and the 1ft cable can be a little tight, and unusable if you need/want the tablet lightning connector to be on the left side.
This cable is 1.5ft, Apple Certified, fits and works perfect with no strain, and it's cheaper:

1.5 Ft, Apple Authorized Lightning USB Charge and Sync Cable, White

You can't beat this one:

That's the one I have too, and I have been having app connection glitches. It may be that a couple times I had too much tension on it and the USB side wasn't seated well enough, even though it was in the port. I find when using it you have to keep the tablet a bit off center in the mount to give it some slack or else it's pretty tight. I also find that in general, the USB port on the rc doesn't make a snug connection and that kinda bothers me. I prefer to feel my cables are snug, such as the lightening end that goes into the tablet. My app glitches could be from something else, but I suspect the cambond cable is playing a role. Back to the oem for me.

Do u rilly dont need the sunshade thing?.. For me i still need it unless u took off the screen protectir, am i right? I got myself the low cost fpv goggles now for sunny days.. Air cant compete wid it as it is completely shaded
Hi sir. If you are meaning to ask me, no I don't use a sunshade with an Air 2 and have no issues seeing the screen. I agree with you that an Air would likely need a sunshade and also certainly goggles would be better than a tablet / phone with regards to glare.

I started with Air2, and inspire holder, love it. Works great. I use a PadHat for the sun shield and have not had a problem with it. I also use the short cord mentioned no problems with glitches. I love having the larger image.

Alan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers