iPad Air 2 vs iPad Mini 2

Reaction score
Can't decide which iPad to get .
Air advantages:
1. Bigger screen
2. Anti reflective coating, better in sun.
3. Faster, more future proof.

Mini advantages:
1. Refurb $170 less
2. Lighter

Your thoughts...

I know some have said Mini is a really good size but I absolutely love the size of the iPad air. I would pick the air but I like the big screen.

iPad Air 2 has a barometer which could be helpful someday. Either way try to get the model with the cellular modem because those also have GPS.

The Mini 2 and 3 are the exact same internally besides the Touch ID on the 3. The mini internals are old. It's due for a major refresh this year.

The Air 2 has a much faster processor and another gig of RAM. iOS 9 comes out very soon and the new features for iPads will mainly be for the Air 2 only.

Get the Air 2. They have refurbs on Apple's site for $419.

GPS..maybe for the map in the corner?...so it updates live, instead of caching the maps on wifi prior to flight?..
I just got a mini2 with cellular and retina display. so far so good. I almost got an air, but at the deal for the mini i could not pass it up.

I advise you to use ipadAir 2 too much clear
I faced some issues when I was used the mini Ipad 2 to much choppy when became warm
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434082405.762180.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434082430.662978.jpg

Reactions: TacAir42
Air 2 all the way. Absolutely love mine. Have yet to need to use a sun shade either. The screen is awesome.

You want the GPS in the iPad so you can dynamically set the home position to the position of your remote. That way if you move while in flight like on a boat the P3 can still return to you. I'm returning my Wi-Fi version for the cellular version for just that reason.

Do you need an aftermarket clip to fit the iPad Air onto the P3 controller?

No. However, some people (myself included) are not happy with the stability of the Phantom 3 Mobile Device Holder with a larger device, and switched to the Inspire 1 Mobile Device Holder.

The Mini 2 and 3 are the exact same internally besides the Touch ID on the 3. The mini internals are old. It's due for a major refresh this year.

The Air 2 has a much faster processor and another gig of RAM. iOS 9 comes out very soon and the new features for iPads will mainly be for the Air 2 only.

Get the Air 2. They have refurbs on Apple's site for $419.

What he said. I have a cellular-enabled Air 2 and it runs the Pilot app better than my Note 8 did. I also considered the Mini 2/3 for portability purposes, but the Air 2 is more future-proof than the existing Mini. Battery life is absolutely ridiculous to boot. This coming from a diehard Android guy...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.