iPad 2 mini good enough?

Yes, it's still good enough. If it still meets your budget, get the iPad Mini 4 instead. It's lighter, faster, brighter, has an anti-reflective coating on the screen, and doesn't overheat as quickly when flying in hot temperatures.

Yes, it's still good enough. If it still meets your budget, get the iPad Mini 4 instead. It's lighter, faster, brighter, has an anti-reflective coating on the screen, and doesn't overheat as quickly when flying in hot temperatures.

I'm probably leaning iPad 4 mini - just wanted to hear opinions on the 2 as I can get one pretty cheap. Pretty cheap can be expensive in the long run, however.

I'm probably leaning iPad 4 mini - just wanted to hear opinions on the 2 as I can get one pretty cheap. Pretty cheap can be expensive in the long run, however.
Just bought a 2, slightly used for $190 wifi/cellular just for flying only and it meets my budget. It makes sense to skip over the ipad mini 3 though like you did.

iPad 2 works flawlessly, no slow down, no drop of frames, no complained at all on my side, and you stay under 200$

I'm looking at anti glare options ( screen protectors) and will probably pass on the more expensive sun shield hoods for now.

I was using an Ipad2 for a while and it did work flawlessly. But it was the wife's. So I was looking for a cheaper alternative while still buying something new also. I'm now using a cheap android system tablet.

But, if you have the $$ the ipad 2 is a good one to use. If you don't get the cellular one you won't have gps, which I also wanted for a dedicated tablet for the P3S. One day I want to give the "Follow Me" function a try.

Last edited:
I was an Ipad2 for a while and it did work flawlessly. But it was the wife's. So I was looking for a cheaper alternative while buying new also.

But, if you have the $$ the ipad 2 is a good one to use. If you don't get the cellular one you won't have gps, which I also wanted for a dedicated tablet for the P3S. One day I want to give the "Follow Me" function a try.

I went for the iPad Mini 4 WiFi only. I'll try it for a few days and if that doesn't work then I'll send it back and go for the cellular version without a plan. GPS will work at least.

P4P gets here tomorrow - so does the iPad.

I was an Ipad2 for a while and it did work flawlessly. But it was the wife's. So I wa
I went for the iPad Mini 4 WiFi only. I'll try it for a few days and if that doesn't work then I'll send it back and go for the cellular version without a plan. GPS will work at least.

P4P gets here tomorrow - so does the iPad.

s looking for a cheaper alternative while buying new also.

But, if you have the $$ the ipad 2 is a good one to use. If you don't get the cellular one you won't have gps, which I also wanted for a dedicated tablet for the P3S. One day I want to give the "Follow Me" function a t

Just got my P4 today along with mini 2. How do you drop POI markers in Litchi? I can do it in the mission hub by right clicking from my mouse via computer but can't see how to do it on the mini.

I bet your all Giddy! I would be!

A little bit. Too cold to fly today anyway*. Can leave work early (I'm receiving the P4P where I work). Probably charge a batt there too and set up the rest. Should get in at least one good flight tomorrow. Can't wait to test the camera (v. my Mavic Pro "footage").

*It was sched to arrive today, but the FedEx plane left Memphis late for some reason so the pack didn't clear Canadian customs in the usual pre-0800 slot. Cleared customs at about 12:50 - long after the trucks have flown - so a one day delay.

Ironically, the iPad (refurbished by Apple) also came from TN (Mt. Juliet) not far (ish) from the major FedEx hub at Memphis. But it will come via Toronto ... same truck at my door I guess...

A little bit. Too cold to fly today anyway*. Can leave work early (I'm receiving the P4P where I work). Probably charge a batt there too and set up the rest. Should get in at least one good flight tomorrow. Can't wait to test the camera (v. my Mavic Pro "footage").

*It was sched to arrive today, but the FedEx plane left Memphis late for some reason so the pack didn't clear Canadian customs in the usual pre-0800 slot. Cleared customs at about 12:50 - long after the trucks have flown - so a one day delay.

Ironically, the iPad (refurbished by Apple) also came from TN (Mt. Juliet) not far (ish) from the major FedEx hub at Memphis. But it will come via Toronto ... same truck at my door I guess...

Great you got the Ipad I'm sure you got a great price for it. Have fun........

My P4 willl be here in an hour so via Fed ex. I break things so easy I'm afraid to even open the box!
But, no flying here for a while as it's still winter here in NE PA which is fine. When I un package it the controller is going straight for a boosted range mod.

I'll be flying about 2700' above sea level, several hundred yards rural here ( farms and forest) and a few hundred yards light residential.

Just got my P4 today along with mini 2. How do you drop POI markers in Litchi? I can do it in the mission hub by right clicking from my mouse via computer but can't see how to do it on the mini.
You can do it in waypoint mode. Fairly self explanatory within the app.

Great you got the Ipad I'm sure you got a great price for it. Have fun........

My P4 willl be here in an hour so via Fed ex. I break things so easy I'm afraid to even open the box!
But, no flying here for a while as it's still winter here in NE PA which is fine. When I un package it the controller is going straight for a boosted range mod.

I'll be flying about 2700' above sea level, several hundred yards rural here ( farms and forest) and a few hundred yards light residential.

Fed Ex should drop mine at work today. I'll immediately put the batts on charge. iPad Mini 4 too - so I'll load up the app too and cache some maps. Later make sure the f/w is up to date. Should be warm enough this late afternoon for a couple test flights. I have a meeting around 3 or 4 - after that out I go.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4