iOSD mini?

Reaction score
So I thought about getting the iosd mini. It would be nice to have all of the info coming across the screen but is there a way to use it without the info showing up in the final video or still shot?

The OSD does not overlay over the GoPro video, it overlays it on the downlink video signal... so the GoPro is clean video but if you record the downlink it will be on there..... which is exactly why I record my downlink video, I want a record of all the OSD info :)

CactusJackSlade said:
The OSD does not overlay over the GoPro video, it overlays it on the downlink video signal... so the GoPro is clean video but if you record the downlink it will be on there..... which is exactly why I record my downlink video, I want a record of all the OSD info :)
what do you use to record the downlink, i'm looking for something (dvr) to connect to my Black Pearl so i can see the info from the flight

Get the mini and the fpv hub.
No need to open the bird and do any soldering.
Just be sure to flip the switch on the hub to the iosd side.

for better information on flights, invest in the flytrex data recorder.
then goto www.dashware.net for the display output on your video.

jerrymac12000 said:
Will the iOSD mini work with the standard FC 40 camera or do you have to use the Gopro?

You don't have to use a GoPro, but you need a camera with an exposed analog video out before the VTX. The FC40 is an integrated camera/tx so there's nowhere to insert the iOSD signal.

p fandango said:
CactusJackSlade said:
what do you use to record the downlink, i'm looking for something (dvr) to connect to my Black Pearl so i can see the info from the flight

I use this one... be sure to use the medium setting or any static will lock it up.... other than that best one for the price I know of...

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/dv02-portable ... p-541.html

jerrymac12000 said:
Is there a recommendation for small camera that will do the job other than a Gopro? Thanks.

Many options, but you'll need to define what you mean by "do the job"...do you need video recorded on the camera? HD? Or just any video source from the air will work?

jerrymac12000 said:
Is there a recommendation for small camera that will do the job other than a Gopro? Thanks.

If money is a factor here, then possibly look on eBay at buying a used GoPro Hero 3 in very good condition, as it's the best camera for the job and a sound investment for what you'll be using this for. I paid over £250 in the UK for my GoPro Hero3+ black edition and don't regret. The price I got at the time was really good compared to other retailers. I didn't look into buying another camera other than the GoPro as I appreciate that DJI have supposedly catered the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal to be used with a GoPro, so they should have considered the weight, dimensions, etc.

jerrymac12000 said:

I don't see what you are using for tx, but I have fatshark and use this camera for my fpv,
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/CMOS-Color-C ... Shark.html if I am not using my gopro. If I want to use my gopro for fpv I use something like this to connect my gopro and have osd. http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/GoProHD-Hero ... d-vTx.html

I also use the recorder from the previous page.. http://www.foxtechfpv.com/dv02-portable ... p-541.html but I did not get mine at this place, I will find where I bought mine and I will see what I paid.

jerrymac12000 said:
I am flying a straight FC40 with no modifications except prop guards.
i am typing on mytablet so not a long message but... i have the perfect fpv mod for the fc40 it gives you fpv and data like battery power and telemetry. later today i will post or pm more infoto you. it is in the classified section with subject "would you like to know battery state.." it was at the bottom of the first page at this time

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl