iOSD Mini, V2 PMU, 2.4ghz datalink all inside Phantom 1.1.1

Reaction score
Seen a few posts where people have been asking how to fit some of these items inside the phantom.

As much as I was thinking they wouldn't fit all together, I now have all of these accessories connected inside without any issue, and as I had it open, thought I should take a few pics to show the basic positioning inside my phantom to help anyone having any problems.

The biggest problem for me was the **** canbus connectors and cables which seem much larger than they need to be.
Kfug0EEl.jpg

qmL50o6l.jpg

EDIT: why doesn't this forum resize images on page render / upload :?:

Re: iOSD Mini, V2 PMU, 2.4ghz datalink all inside Phantom 1.

It gets cozy really fast in there.

This is how I installed my PMU and iOSD:

FtvLUdV.jpg

dJ6srA1.jpg

ElGuano said:

This is how I installed my PMU and iOSD:

FtvLUdV.jpg

dJ6srA1.jpg

****, that looks nice n clean. Yeah it sure does, i would say i now have no room whatsoever for anything else, but i don't plan on adding anything else now, i have everything i need :) (...for now)

ElGuano said:

Funny you mentioned that, I added the 2.4 data link yesterday to what I already had and I'm NOT going to show you how it all fits. "Cozy" is not the word that comes to mind, more like "Weight Watchers".

EMCSQUAR said:
ElGuano said:

Funny you mentioned that, I added the 2.4 data link yesterday to what I already had and I'm NOT going to show you how it all fits. "Cozy" is not the word that comes to mind, more like "Weight Watchers".

I'm trying to find the option in the forums that sends out an email alert the moment you pass 1600g ;)

EMCSQUAR said:
ElGuano said:

LOL it's not too bad with all that kit, haven't weighed it yet, but i'm getting aruond 8 mins with 2200mah and 9443 props and seems to fly fine. That'll do me. Haven't tested since i've added iOSD Mini, but doubt that'll take much flight time off.

I'm wanting to add FPV to my 1.1.1 and either put in the iOSD at the same time or a little later.

I've searched and found conflicting answers and got cross-eyed and a headache from trying to track the answer to this question down:

With the Naza-M V2 that my 1.1.1 has, do I need to install the PMU in order to use the iOSD? I just need a simple answer and instructions on how to put everything together.

Thanks

RobertLC said:
I'm wanting to add FPV to my 1.1.1 and either put in the iOSD at the same time or a little later.

I've searched and found conflicting answers and got cross-eyed and a headache from trying to track the answer to this question down:

With the Naza-M V2 that my 1.1.1 has, do I need to install the PMU in order to use the iOSD? I just need a simple answer and instructions on how to put everything together.

Thanks

Yes, either that or the upgrade board.

If you use the V2 PMU, the GPS unplugs from the naza and goes into V2 PMU, the iOSD Mini connects to that and the v2 PMU connects to the original naza.

RobertLC said:

Thanks
iosd mini requires canbus. To get canbus on your 1.1.1, you either get a pmu-v2, or you get the phantom upgrade board and brush up on your soldering skills. The pmu is the easier, heavier solution, the upgrade board is cleaner/lighter but more diy.

davemcm said:
RobertLC said:

Thanks

Yes, either that or the upgrade board.

If you use the V2 PMU, the GPS unplugs from the naza and goes into V2 PMU, the iOSD Mini connects to that and the v2 PMU connects to the original naza.

ElGuano said:
iosd mini requires canbus. To get canbus on your 1.1.1, you either get a pmu-v2, or you get the phantom upgrade board and brush up on your soldering skills. The pmu is the easier, heavier solution, the upgrade board is cleaner/lighter but more diy.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for, a clear definitive answer.

That is an answer I am looking for too!!!!

But I have another one... If I want the iosd mk ii instead. I also need to get the pmu-v2 right??!

I am also going to try an put everything inside the phantom 1.... But I am stuck as to which video transmitter to choose ....

hellhole said:

But I have another one... If I want the iosd mk ii instead. I also need to get the pmu-v2 right??!

I am also going to try an put everything inside the phantom 1.... But I am stuck as to which video transmitter to choose ....

The iOSD Mk2 requires CANbus as well, so you'd need the same. Mk2 is a big, heavy box though (~60-70g installed) and generally quite overkill for most Phantom applications. It'll be a tight fit in the shell. It's probably worth considering if you really need the mk2 before going down that road.

ElGuano said:
hellhole said:

The iOSD Mk2 requires CANbus as well, so you'd need the same. Mk2 is a big, heavy box though (~60-70g installed) and generally quite overkill for most Phantom applications. It'll be a tight fit in the shell. It's probably worth considering if you really need the mk2 before going down that road.

+1

Unless you absolutely need to be able to switch between two camera feeds and can deal with the significant weight and size penalty, the iOSD mini is almost always the better choice for the Phantom.

The iOSD II's wiring is bulky as well beyond just the weight, adding 2 more XT60 connectors to the pile along with a bunch of 18ga power lead.

ElGuano said:
EMCSQUAR said:
ElGuano said:

I'm trying to find the option in the forums that sends out an email alert the moment you pass 1600g ;)

LOL, if mine gets up into the 1600g range I'm getting a trailer hitch for extra batteries. Wonder if Dewey could mold me a hitch? Hmmmmm...

okay! i think i shall go the route of the pmu v2. probably get a zenmuse while i am at it anyway. makes it easier over all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31