IOSD Mini not relaying information (FIXED!)

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just put together by FPV system and I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help with.

My setup:
Phantom 2 with 2D gimbal
GoPro Hero 3+ Black
DJI 5.8 Transmitter
IOSD Mini
Boscam 5802 7" monitor/receiver

The IOSD Mini is transmitting the information overlay to the monitor but without any actual readings. In other words, the battery indicator is there, but not showing the actual battery level. The D for distance and the H for height are there but without numbers, and so forth for all the readings.

I'm fairly sure I've connected everything correctly.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thank you for any insight into my issue!

Re: IOSD Mini not replaying information

Yes you need to update the firmware on the iOSD mini using the iOSD assistant.

Thank you for the answer.

I downloaded the IOSD Assistant software and the Driver and installed both. However, when I open the Assistant software I just get this static screen. Nothing is clickable. It won't even let me quit the program. I have to use the task manager to force quit it. I've tried uninstalling, re-installing, re-downloading with the same results.

I'm using my neighbor's windows machine. She is running Windows XP.

I'm not PC proficient as I use MACs for everything. Is there something I'm not doing correctly on her PC?

I'm baffled...

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 674

The little red light at the bottom left doesn't appear to be lit meaning no connection to the iOSD. I see you said you installed the driver but I'd check that you did indeed install the correct one and maybe try a reinstall of it just to be safe. Good luck.

You have the USB cable plugged into the iOSD mini and the Phantom powered up?

I did double check on the driver. I installed this one:

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download: DJI WIN Driver Installer 2013-01-18 supports Windows XP or above (32bit/64bit).

Could this driver be the wrong one? I don't see any others...

I did uninstall it and re-install as well.

I also have the USB plugged into the IOSD Mini before I started the software.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-20 at 5.24.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-20 at 5.24.19 PM.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 543

Hmmm, I think that's the correct driver.... wish I could suggest something else. Hopefully someone else will chime in and help you out.

bpippin said:
I also have the USB plugged into the IOSD Mini before I started the software.

And the Phantom on?

Yes, Phantom is on.

I'm going to try this again tomorrow at work on my MAC. I run VMware and Windows Professional virtually for logging into Encoda, etc.

Maybe my neighbor's machine (who I tried this on previously) is bonkers or something.

Can you please tell me, once the IOSD Assistant software is running, where do I go to update the firmware? I don't see anything on the start up screen to indicate how to do this.

Thank you all for helping me with this. I really appreciate it!

Does the software hang like that if the iOSD isn't plugged in? Try running the software first, then connecting the USB.

Once the software does see the OSD, it will prompt you to upgrade the firmware.

Make sure you plug the usb into the iosd itself and not into the phantom.

Hello.
This maybe is a longshot but try to change the USB-cable. I have many and a few of them doesn't work with some of my equipment.

...and try a different USB port on the computer.

Thank you all for your suggestions so far... I've tried a different cable; running the software first then plugging in, etc. No luck.

Here's where I am now: I've installed VMware Fusion Professional 5.0.4 on my MAC laptop (MAC is brand new). Through it, I'm running Windows 7.

The DJI IOSD Assistant software is running correctly (not frozen anymore- I can navigate around the different panels/windows. I also installed the correct driver (however, when I installed the driver, a window came up asking me to connect the MC- have no idea what this means)

The problem seems to be when I plug in the IOSD Mini to any USB port on my MAC, VMware or Windows does not see it. I've also tried plugging in USB sticks, etc. and Windows does not see these things.

Is there a way to make Windows/VMware see the USB port?

Thanks again for all your suggestions/help. I really appreciate it. :)

bpippin said:
The DJI IOSD Assistant software is running correctly (not frozen anymore- I can navigate around the different panels/windows. I also installed the correct driver (however, when I installed the driver, a window came up asking me to connect the MC- have no idea what this means)

The "MC" means the Phantom itself (actually the NAZA inside). If you see that warning, it means you were running the Phantom Assistant software and not the iOSD Assistant Software.

The warning came up when I installed the driver, not when I was running any software. :(

Eureka! Problem solved! Turns out, I had tried 2 different USB cables and both were bad! No wonder the computer would not see the IOSD Mini. I borrowed another cable from someone this morning and all went perfectly! Also, I never realized you had to install the Driver onto the IOSD Mini. I thought it was trying to install the Driver onto the computer. After installing the driver, I ran the IOSD Assistant Software and updated.

Going out for a test flight at lunch!

BIG THANKS to all who took the time to read and offer suggestions/help. I sincerely appreciate it!!! You guys rock!

...breathing a sigh of relief :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic