iOSD Mini No Video

Reaction score
Hello All!

First post, so please bear with me. I know this question has been asked and answered numerous times, but not with these exact circumstances.

Current Setup:
Phantom 2
Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal w/GoPro Hero 3 Silver (with factory ribbon)
iOSD mini (with manufactured cable)
Immersion RC 600mW 5.8GHz xmit
Fat Shark Attitude V2
If any other setup items are needed, just ask away.

Problem:
I instaled the iOSD mini and I am receiving telemetry data, but no video. I have verified I have the latest firmware on both the drone, and the iOSD mini. The gimbal is supplying power to the gopro, so I do not think I have having a problem with the ribbon cable, but I am aware that is a weak area. I returned the first iOSD mini assuming it was a defective unit, but the second is doing the same thing. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

What firmware is on your GoPro? Take the camera off the P2 and before turning it on at the very bottom of LCD screen you will see what firmware the camera has when it's turned on. If the firmware is v03.00 the USB video out is blocked if its v02.00 then the problem is else where.

To get a quicker response from me use the reply button in the bottom right corner of my post.

What firmware is on your GoPro? Take the camera off the P2 and before turning it on at the very bottom of LCD screen you will see what firmware the camera has when it's turned on. If the firmware is v03.00 the USB video out is blocked if its v02.00 then the problem is else where.

To get a quicker response from me use the reply button in the bottom right corner of my post.
Thanks for the quick response!
It's 2.0

Thanks for the quick response!
It's 2.0

You could have damaged ribbon cable that attaches to the USB adapter but also check that the gray 8 pin cable is fully seated in the gimbal. Did you install the iOSD inside or outside? Did you also install the anti-interference board inside or out?

You could have damaged ribbon cable that attaches to the USB adapter but also check that the gray 8 pin cable is fully seated in the gimbal. Did you install the iOSD inside or outside? Did you also install the anti-interference board inside or out?
1) Would the GoPro still charge from P2 battery if that ribbon cable was damaged? I am an electronics technician by trade, and I do not see any signs of damage to the cable. (Edit: I intend to upgrade to the hub soon anyway, but I would like to tackle one item at a time.)
2) I have reseated all cables several times to no avail.
3) The iOSD is an internal install and the anti-interference board is an external install.

1) Would the GoPro still charge from P2 battery if that ribbon cable was damaged? I am an electronics technician by trade, and I do not see any signs of damage to the cable. (Edit: I intend to upgrade to the hub soon anyway, but I would like to tackle one item at a time.)
2) I have reseated all cables several times to no avail.
3) The iOSD is an internal install and the anti-interference board is an external install.

Remove 8 pin cable from the rear leg and plug it directly into the gimbal. I'm also a repair tech by trade.

Do you mean bypass the interference board? If so, just tried that and no change.

It's more than likely that the ribbon cable video line is broken or it isn't seated fully in the USB adapter and just because it is receiving power doesn't mean it is good.

It's more than likely that the ribbon cable video line is broken or it isn't seated fully in the USB adapter and just because it is receiving power doesn't mean it is good.
Believable. Do you happen to have a pinout diagram, or know where I can get one? The cable is very cheap, and I will probably replace it with the hero adapter instead, but would love to test the cable while waiting on shipment.

If you what to know if the camera work take off the P2 and shoot a minute of video then plug the camera into your computer and play it back.

Only GoPro has pinouts of the USB.

If you what to know if the camera work take off the P2 and shoot a minute of video then plug the camera into your computer and play it back.

Only GoPro has pinouts of the USB.
I'm sorry for the confusion. I meant a pinout of the ribbon cable.
I know the GoPro records video fine, and it outputs video from the HDMI port. Granted, I do not know if the standard definition video out on the mini usb port works, but I would assume so.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I meant a pinout of the ribbon cable.
I know the GoPro records video fine, and it outputs video from the HDMI port. Granted, I do not know if the standard definition video out on the mini usb port works, but I would assume so.

Can't remember which end of the of the ribbon is ground /video but do a continuity check from either end of the ribbon directly video input on the TX.

Can't remember which end of the of the ribbon is ground /video but do a continuity check from either end of the ribbon directly video input on the TX.
Got it. Will do tomorrow and report back, thank you for your advice. Do you think I should go ahead and order another ribbon cable while waiting anyway?

You might also open the shell and make sure 8 pin cable is full plugged into it socket. To make more room I would install the interference board inside as well. watch the video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
IMG_9145.jpg

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Jack. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Are you sure the iOSD is connected properly?

Here are the pinouts...
808#16 pinout.jpg

You might also open the shell and make sure 8 pin cable is full plugged into it socket. To make more room I would install the interference board inside as well. watch the video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View attachment 42114
That is a much cleaner install of the interference board. Thanks for the video, worked great.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Jack. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Are you sure the iOSD is connected properly?

Here are the pinouts...
View attachment 42116
Yes, I am fairly certain the iOSD is connected properly. Thank you for the pinout, I will ohm it out in the morning as I do not have a multimeter at home.

(Edit: Also, thank you for the warm welcome!)

I stripped the cases off of my 2.4 data link and the iOSD and put them in shrink tubing that I left un-shrunk.
I also relocated the can-bus off the leg and inside. I plan to shorten and strip the can-bus cable, do away with
the can-bus plug and go direct when I open it back up again.

IMG_0159.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31