iosd mini/kumba cam advanced/gimbal and go pro 3+

Reaction score
so, over a year ago, i should have figured it out and got a P2 vision plus, but i didnt..due to the lack of info that the gopro does not work on wifi and a phone..So this xmas, i did what everyone eles did, spent more money and bought a kumba cam advanced with mini iosd.
problem #1. iosdmini blinks green light and does not show fight data..i have video feed.
#2 kumba system does not charge the go pro, yet when i return to just gimbal connection it charges fine from aircfraft battery
#3 TX gets hots, not smokin hot, but hot enough to were if it is not cooled by the aircraft it may get to hot. and sticky tape is useless?? could not mess around with the system for more the 5 to 7 minutes before i think its heating up..and i shut it off. aircraft battery is not being drained so a short is probably is not the problem. i think its the way it is, and i dont trust it...
4# dosent seem to be as good as picture as advertised, almost 720 quality and the screen flickers at 50ft. with nothing more then a small leafless oak tree in its path..

when i openen the box this was my impression.
WELP, here we go again, inferior products, sold for full price, in re-purposed HAND GUN cases that barely fit the contents to make the first profit of a new toy.and again, no charger for the supplied battery, good thing for plug and play.

so does anyone have anything???...seems, according to the interweb, there is a problem with the iosd mini doing the same thing that i am experienceing.
is there a way to get the kumba cam system to charge the gopro battery?
i have till jan. 30 to return the whole thing back. i bought this threw a store and not of ebay or amozon. new!

.so after testing the voltage to/from the plug and play hub and talking with someone who had answers instead of insults, it was, after all, the hub (equipment) that failed, and not lack off or smarts on how to plug a connector into its receiver..all though i admit not having a complete knowledge of ALL the electronics in the phantoms or any advanced drone, this is not the reason for the many questions of fpv systems malfunctioning (grey screen, no flight data, TX getting hot, iosd mini getting hot, etc) this is more of a quality issue.
that being said, instead of making assumptions that the person on the other end of the post is as advanced and has the "electronic knowledge" of custom drone builders or electronic geniuses, start with the assumption that this is a guy who just wants to play and not fix and fiddle and fk around with something that should just work. a guy who does want to spend hours tryin to figure out why the $600 system doesnt work..although some of you will disagree because they like fixing things that should work when purchased, is why you hobby on..not me,

hope this site helps others, personally this site was useless to me as the people here seem to look down on folks with less knowledge then an veteran drone owner.
so sorry for even signing up for or bothering, seems you guys have some electronics to order and fix..late!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl