(iOSD Mini) Can't acquire GPS mode

Reaction score
I have a new replacement P2 with the same setup as my original:

P2 + Zenmuse + GoPro
AVL58 Tx
DJI FPV Hub
iOSD Mini

All of the software for all of the devices is up to date.

On my first test flight (at a safe height of just 3 feet), it didn't feel like it was in GPS mode. I was just trying to maintain position with some gentle moves but it was drifting slightly. After a few minutes of relatively stable flight, the lights flashed yellow then red for a second and back to green which I believe would indicate a compass issue. Then it started to drift and I brought it down for a slightly bumpy landing before it could pick up velocity and do any damage.

I packed up the P2 and returned home to do a little troubleshooting to see what was going on. I didn't want to risk another flight.

I am getting a clear picture with live data overlaid. I have calibrated the compass (again), and the lights show green on startup. The iOSD indicates I have 7-8 satellites. I have my switch set in the top position for GPS mode. BUT, my OSD shows ATTI mode - and it stays like that even after 2-3 minutes.

Any idea as to why I can't get into GPS mode (at least according to the iOSD)? What is going on?

Sounds like the GPS cable is loose or has come undone. Trace it from the lid down once.

That's a possibility. When I installed the Hub and Tx, I removed the default video cable. That requires taking off the cover and temporarily unclipping the GPS cable. I know it was clipped back in place, but it might not be secure.

However, would I still be getting satellites if the cable is not properly connected? And would the LEDs show green if they weren't getting a feed from the GPS unit?

Just want to make sure before I go cracking open the cover again.

I figured it out.

The OSD shows ATT mode even after acquiring satellites. However, it won't display GPS mode until you start the motors. At least that's how it is working for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic