IOSD MINI and Location Indicator

Reaction score
OK, if you use DJI's iosd mini you know it has an indicator that tells you if you are facing home or if you need to turn x degrees left/right to face home.

But, the PV2 has a "compass" on its screen that tells you where the bird is with regard to where you are (and which way it points).

So, does the FPV screen of the iosd mini indicate if it is in relation to you...not just which direction it points...but where it is?

as before, thank you

happydogs said:
OK, if you use DJI's iosd mini you know it has an indicator that tells you if you are facing home or if you need to turn x degrees left/right to face home.

But, the PV2 has a "compass" on its screen that tells you where the bird is with regard to where you are (and which way it points).

So, does the FPV screen of the iosd mini indicate if it is in relation to you...not just which direction it points...but where it is?

as before, thank you

No, the NAZA/iOSD has no way to know where the controller is, so it just reports relative to whatever home point you let it record at startup.

as i figured. hmmm....so i can set home or course lock, fly without ioc, if i lose sight and video trans, first option is to switch to home/course lock, pull back on right stick and "bring it back". or, go to failsafe. right?

happydogs said:
as i figured. hmmm....so i can set home or course lock, fly without ioc, if i lose sight and video trans, first option is to switch to home/course lock, pull back on right stick and "bring it back". or, go to failsafe. right?

Yes, just switch to homelock pull back and it will come towards you then when the picture returns just flip the switch back again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1