iOSD "diamond" missing on Lightbridge?

Reaction score
The LB has a "flight relative position" it can be seen in the left lower corner of the screenshot below.

Screen_Shot_2014_05_13_at_8_05_48_PM.png

However there is no "diamond" (seen in the middle of the screen capture) that was present on the iOSD mini which was really helpful in finding your position when trying to get back to home position.

Does the lightbridge have such a "diamond"?

Screen_Shot_2014_05_13_at_8_02_20_PM.png

No diamond, but you can use the relative flight indicator in the lower left hand corner. Check this out to see it in action:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ZOYYXfn3k[/youtube]

Re: iOSD

damoncooper said:
That seems very unintuitive and difficult to read

I agree. and its TINY. the arrow youre supposed to be is huge compared to the little area they give you as a map. Awful for trying to find your way back home.

shaunmed said:
damoncooper said:

I agree. and its TINY. the arrow youre supposed to be is huge compared to the little area they give you as a map. Awful for trying to find your way back home.

With or without the diamond, the easiest way home is to engage HL and pull back on the stick.

Personally I don't care that much about the diamond, but I would like the azimuth data. For search and rescue applications, if we see something significant and want to send in a ground team, it would really help to have range and azimuth to be able to derive the coordinates.

sar104 said:
shaunmed said:
damoncooper said:

With or without the diamond, the easiest way home is to engage HL and pull back on the stick.

Personally I don't care that much about the diamond, but I would like the azimuth data. For search and rescue applications, if we see something significant and want to send in a ground team, it would really help to have range and azimuth to be able to derive the coordinates.

pulling back on the stick in HL doesnt apply when things are in the way to avoid.

shaunmed said:
sar104 said:

pulling back on the stick in HL doesnt apply when things are in the way to avoid.

You are not limited to back stick - you can fly around obstacles just as easily in HL as in GPS, so I'm not sure that is a valid objection.

I guess I'm not familiar with the flying mode then I thought you just pulled in the back stick and it would make a straight line for its home point but I guess during it's journey you can still maneuver?

shaunmed said:
I guess I'm not familiar with the flying mode then I thought you just pulled in the back stick and it would make a straight line for its home point but I guess during it's journey you can still maneuver?

Yeah, you need to get familiar with HL if you want to use it for navigation; it's hard to explain but fairly intuitive in practice. Forward is AWAY from homepoint for the current "azimuth." Back is towards homepoint. Left and right aileron are radial (they go in a wide arc/circle) around homepoint at current radius. Rudder and throttle work as normal. HL only works when the Phantom is at least 10m away from homepoint.

shaunmed said:
damoncooper said:
Apparently the newest LB firmware brings the iOSD diamond and horizon line to LB:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2160819

Scroll to last page for video sample:

looks promising but not released yet on dji website.

Also appears to have added azimuth to the OSD, at least on HDMI, which is a major improvement. I suspect I'll be switching to HDMI for FPV with LB.

sar104 said:
shaunmed said:
damoncooper said:
Apparently the newest LB firmware brings the iOSD diamond and horizon line to LB:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2160819

Scroll to last page for video sample:

looks promising but not released yet on dji website.

Also appears to have added azimuth to the OSD, at least on HDMI, which is a major improvement. I suspect I'll be switching to HDMI for FPV with LB.

its prob gonna be available for both hdmi and usb

shaunmed said:
sar104 said:

its prob gonna be available for both hdmi and usb

I would expect so, but I don't see it on the new version of the app.

well that would really suck bc i dont think there is a way to run hdmi from the LB to my nexus 7 as a monitor, is there?

i wonder if there will be less lag if the video feed is through the HDMI rather than USB b/c it wont have to be "decoded" through the app?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic