iOS9 update problems?

Brianb87, I had no problems with IOS 8.4, my P3P flew perfectly for the past 4 months. So I tested 9.01 and 9.02 and it does not work. Now I can't fly!!! So I tested it and it does not work... where do I go from here??? I can not revert to 8.4.

Bob - yes I ask redhotpeppers a simple question since he seems to know so much about this problem, (and I will ask you) if I buy a mini 4 will I not have this problem? No one else will assure me of that.

The points being. Many are asking the question, should i update to 9x and many are saying, oh no problem go ahead... the realistic answer is NO F'ing WAY!. There are many problems known by users, DJI and Apple... wait until there is an update to fix known issues. Point 2, fellow users of the P3P don't sweep this under the rug (oh, mine work fine), but email DJI and Apple and let them know that there are serious problems with IOS 9 and DJI GO and you would like to see them fixed ASAP!

Brianb97... PLEASE tell me how to do it, I would be forever grateful to you. DJI does not know how to do it. Apple does not know how to do it. This form including Bobmyers does not know how to do it. I followed his advice in other posts as to uninstall and reinstall DJI GO. Uninstall DIJ GO, upgrade to 9.0.2 and reinstall DJI GO... it does not work. So Brian, PLEASE tell me how to do it. (don't tell me to go back to 8.4 because that can not be done)

Brianb87, I had no problems with IOS 8.4, my P3P flew perfectly for the past 4 months. So I tested 9.01 and 9.02 and it does not work. Now I can't fly!!! So I tested it and it does not work... where do I go from here??? I can not revert to 8.4.

Bob - yes I ask redhotpeppers a simple question since he seems to know so much about this problem, (and I will ask you) if I buy a mini 4 will I not have this problem? No one else will assure me of that.

The points being. Many are asking the question, should i update to 9x and many are saying, oh no problem go ahead... the realistic answer is NO F'ing WAY!. There are many problems known by users, DJI and Apple... wait until there is an update to fix known issues. Point 2, fellow users of the P3P don't sweep this under the rug (oh, mine work fine), but email DJI and Apple and let them know that there are serious problems with IOS 9 and DJI GO and you would like to see them fixed ASAP!

In answer to your question, no, I wont assure you of that -- you are on your own-- I have made mistakes with upgrades, and other issues since I started flying the Phantom-- an somehow-- and mostly with the help of those on this forum, I worked them out.

If you ask for opinions, and get some that you don't agree with, go to the next and see if that one helps. Insulting people and putting them on the spot is totally uncalled for.

Cheers, I am sure the answer to the 9.0 IOS upgrade will come sooner than later. :)

I am not trying to insult anyone and if I did I apologize. I think reading through this thread you will understand that and my point.

Reactions: bobmyers
I am not trying to insult anyone and if I did I apologize. I think reading through this thread you will understand that and my point.
I understand your frustration and so does most of the chaps here-- we all get that way at times-- the long term answer for this issue is Apple and DJI-- I can assure you that they are aware of the issue. For those who upgraded, voluntarily or involuntarily, the issue jumped up unexpectedly. There are no known answers at this time that I am aware of for those who are having problems with the IOS upgrade -- but hopefully in the next few days-- we will know that answer.

Brianb97... PLEASE tell me how to do it, I would be forever grateful to you. DJI does not know how to do it. Apple does not know how to do it. This form including Bobmyers does not know how to do it. I followed his advice in other posts as to uninstall and reinstall DJI GO. Uninstall DIJ GO, upgrade to 9.0.2 and reinstall DJI GO... it does not work. So Brian, PLEASE tell me how to do it. (don't tell me to go back to 8.4 because that can not be done)

What's your issue? I don't see it in the comments.

Thanks, Bob for your comment and understanding. So, if anyone wants to know if they should upgrade at this time, I think this thread lets them know, not now. Wait for this issues to be fixed.

I am going to upgrade to a mini 4 for the added power and barometric pressure. I will keep my fingers crossed that it will solve the compatibility issues. I doubt it will, until an update of GO or ISO comes out.

In the meantime I sit grounded and frustrated.

Thanks, Bob for your comment and understanding. So, if anyone wants to know if they should upgrade at this time, I think this thread lets them know, not now. Wait for this issues to be fixed.

I am going to upgrade to a mini 4 for the added power and barometric pressure. I will keep my fingers crossed that it will solve the compatibility issues. I doubt it will, until an update of GO or ISO comes out.

Maybe try this Ronbo. The new GO 2.3
DJI GO on the App Store

Reactions: JoBe

Here you go

Just out
DJI GO 2.3 for iOS Released

Reactions: dirkclod
Just did and all I got is a Standard :)
the rock..nod.gif

Reactions: bobmyers
Thanks for the info!!! Nothing like under estimating and over performing. I read today that DJI expected to have an upgrade out in 2 - 3 weeks.

I am going to be tied up with work in the near future, but will try to test in the next 24 hrs and will report results if I can. I will be looking to hear others results in the meantime.

Thanks to all, for bearing through all the venting and frustrations.

Update out for the DJI Go app, so hopefully the issues above are sorted out.

I have iOS 9.0.2 and the arrow under DJI GO 2.2.0 did not move from the start when playing back a flight record. However, updated my DJI GO app just now from 2.2.0 to 2.3.0 and now it works with the arrow following the lead of the trace line. Doing a test flight this afternoon to see if the screen glitches go away using my Mini 2.

**** what did this forum turn into Vans Warp Tour? I feel like theres a mosh pit every given chance.

OK... so what is going on here how can REDHOTPOKER keeps blabbing all over the form that he has no problems how great everything is... the majority do not have problems, how do you know this? IT IS A PROBLEM!!!! DJI knows it, Apple knows it, I KNOW IT!!! So what is your point??? Are you trying to tell DJI that there is no problem here, don't worry about it, are you telling me and others that we do not have a problem? It is a problem and us that have it want it fixed NOW!!! We don't need you telling us and DJI and other it is not serious.

redhotpoker... I am going to update to a Mini 4. Best Buy says they all come pre-loaded with IOS 9x. Are you telling me that you are sure that after spending another $400 that it will work?

You definitely don't want the 16GB version so you're looking at $500 for 64 gig iPad Mini 4. And more than likely on a clean system you will be find on iOS 9.0.2. These things are computers however with different sets of programs installed which can have an effect on stability and reliability. Also there are other factors that can come into play. You may have some glitches with your system that only using certain apps while show or bring to light, while most people's system are clean efficient and work fine. Does this mean the problem is with DJI's app or iOS 9.x maybe, maybe not. But in November there will be iPS 9.1 which further optimizes performance and will have additional improvements.

I have had the mini iPad 4 for about a month. I have played with it mostly either early AM or afternoon. It works flawlessly with the Dji Go App so far.

I TESTED POI, Follow Me, Waypoints and course Lock and at least from my end have not encountered issues as of date of this post.

What I have NOT tested is flying mid day on a 90+ degree day. But so far no lagging either.

I have had the mini iPad 4 for about a month. I have played with it mostly either early AM or afternoon. It works flawlessly with the Dji Go App so far.

I TESTED POI, Follow Me, Waypoints and course Lock and at least from my end have not encountered issues as of date of this post.

What I have NOT tested is flying mid day on a 90+ degree day. But so far no lagging either.
Same here-- no issues-- the 90 degree heat issue is not going to change.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers