IOS Pilot App OK?

Reaction score
Today I tried to download the IOS Pilot app onto my wife's Ipad Mini 2 today which has the latest IOS 8.4 running. The app store said the app wasn't compatible with my Ipad. It wouldn't download the app. What? Then I look at the reviews of the app and 9 out of 10 are bad. Is that what you guys are seeing? Maybe I'll stick with my Galaxy Tab A for now. Has anyone else been denied the IOS app download on their Ipad Mini?

I was hoping to use the wife's Ipad mini because it has a cellular modem, allowing the Pilot app to download maps on the fly.But if the IOS version is junk I guess I'll postpone that migration.

I was hoping to use the wife's Ipad mini because it has a cellular modem, allowing the Pilot app to download maps on the fly. But if the IOS version is junk I guess I'll postpone that migration.
Whether or not you can download maps on the fly is no big deal.
The IOS app is pretty well identical to the Android version and definitely not junk.

Today I tried to download the IOS Pilot app onto my wife's Ipad Mini 2 today which has the latest IOS 8.4 running. The app store said the app wasn't compatible with my Ipad. It wouldn't download the app. What? Then I look at the reviews of the app and 9 out of 10 are bad. Is that what you guys are seeing? Maybe I'll stick with my Galaxy Tab A for now. Has anyone else been denied the IOS app download on their Ipad Mini?

I was hoping to use the wife's Ipad mini because it has a cellular modem, allowing the Pilot app to download maps on the fly.But if the IOS version is junk I guess I'll postpone that migration.

Did you try to download and install anyway?

Sometimes IOS devices report what you report but if you click OK and continue it may offer to download an older version of the app in question?

Weird that a Mini2 would see this but there have been recent IOS8 updates in addition to the IOS9 Beta out there - maybe just a temporary glitch?

John Locke, I'm running DJI Pilot on my iPad Mini 2 with iOS 8.4. It works well -- haven't had any trouble yet. DJI has been releasing new features for iOS first, so I prefer it over Android devices for that reason.

Did you try to download and install anyway?

Sometimes IOS devices report what you report but if you click OK and continue it may offer to download an older version of the app in question?

Weird that a Mini2 would see this but there have been recent IOS8 updates in addition to the IOS9 Beta out there - maybe just a temporary glitch?

Yes, when I tried to download the app the dialog came up saying it was incompatible, it wouldn't allow the download. I'll try my friends iPad mini 3 and see how that goes. It could be a temporary glitch like you mention.

Thanks guys, good to know the app is good and working. Pretty strange behavior, I've never been denied a download like that from the app store.

Yes, when I tried to download the app the dialog came up saying it was incompatible, it wouldn't allow the download. I'll try my friends iPad mini 3 and see how that goes. It could be a temporary glitch like you mention.

Thanks guys, good to know the app is good and working. Pretty strange behavior, I've never been denied a download like that from the app store.
John, no disrespect intended here but are you sure it's a Mini 2? I ask because I see in this forum almost daily that someone confuses generations of iPads and iPad Minis. Denying a download to a Mini 1 would be expected, but it should work for a Mini 2 or a Mini 3.

Last edited:
John, no disrespect intended here but are you sure it's a Mini 2? I ask because I see in this forum almost daily that someone confuses generations of iPads and iPad Minis. Denying a download to a Mini would be expected, but not for a Mini 2 or a Mini 3.

I have a I-Pad mini 2 cellular and it had downloaded 8.4 successfully and automatically. I'm just waiting to install it.

No issues here either. Got the mini ipad 2 retina and no issues. The app works great and that is with the latest ios 8.4.

The iOS app will run on the iPad mini 2 and 3 on iOS 8.4. Download the app using iTunes on your computer then when your sync with your mini it will be there.

Did you try downloading from DJI website?

John, no disrespect intended here but are you sure it's a Mini 2? I ask because I see in this forum almost daily that someone confuses generations of iPads and iPad Minis. Denying a download to a Mini 1 would be expected, but it should work for a Mini 2 or a Mini 3.
I should add that I used to use a Mini 2. I downloaded the app directly from the App Store, not from DJI. It wasn't iOS 8.4, but there were no issues. Same as what a few other folks have posted here and in other threads.

Have you had any better luck since yesterday?

John, no disrespect intended here but are you sure it's a Mini 2? I ask because I see in this forum almost daily that someone confuses generations of iPads and iPad Minis. Denying a download to a Mini 1 would be expected, but it should work for a Mini 2 or a Mini 3
Yes, it's an iPad mini 2 alright, running IOS8.4. I just tried an iPad mini 3 with the same IOS 8.4 and it downloaded fine, works fine too. There's not much difference between the mini 2 and 3, I know what you're thinking, it should work, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj