iOS NFZ App?

Ted

Reaction score
I have been using an iOS iPad app called "UAV Zones" and been fairly happy with it. With the iOS update, the app will not work anymore. Can anyone recommend an app to use to scope no fly zones?

I have been using an iOS iPad app called "UAV Zones" and been fairly happy with it. With the iOS update, the app will not work anymore. Can anyone recommend an app to use to scope no fly zones?
Did you try to uninstall and re-install it?

Yes I did. I thought it didn't recognize the iOS update.

Yeah, I tried it and it won't open. It says it was upgraded for iOS9 but it clearly isn't. It only has 1 star, I can see why.
Try Hover, it has NFZ's and much more. The creator is a member here. ;) Hover - an app for Drone Enthusiasts

I have Hover and it's very good. Only issue is, it will orient to a vertical screen. Will not flip the way an iPad sits in the holder. Thank you for the suggestion, great app.

Hover looks like an great app, providing your flying in USA,(at least from what I can tell). I'm looking for an app or website for countries that have NFZ's I travel too and live in....., like NZ, Canada, many countries in Europe. Maybe they don't exist just not sure but the hunt is on. If others can suggest it would be appreciated.

Hover shows a FRZ for the DC area that is almost twice the size of what DJI's own and other maps show, 30NM vs. 15NM. Which one is right?

No Fly Zones | DJI

Last edited:
The confusion comes from the fact that there are two distinct zones for DC airspace. The FRZ (15NM) and the ADIZ/SFRA (30NM). I believe you can fly drones in the SFRA (15NM to 30NM) as long as you comply with UAS regulations, 55lbs limit, visual sight of aircraft, 400' ceiling, not within airport protected area, etc...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr