IOS app.

Reaction score
Just to let those who are using IOS for flight AutoflightLogic.com just sent out the beta for their testers. Looks really awesome. I'll try to keep all updated.

New Features
Version 2.0 TBD

Added Aircraft Types
Inspire 1
Phantom 3 - Professional
Phantom 3 - Advanced
Phantom 2 - Vision
Modes
Added Zip Line Mode
Updated to allow points-of-interest for Focus subject, Hover mark, Orbit center, and Intercept origin
Updated to allow RC as a location source (Inspire 1 and Phantom 3)
Updated the default altitude to 50 feet and default distance to 100 feet
Updated controls to display as a scrollable list with a show/hide advanced button
Added location offsets
Added an option to set angles to based on the current device heading
Added an option to set set angles, distance, and altitude based on the current aircraft position
Added Focus Mode Control for strategy, including subject, direction, and manual (Inspire only)
Updated Orbit Mode to specify speed in terms of percent instead of a leading angle
Updated Orbit, Zip Line, and Mimic Mode to allow 5 free trial flights
Updated Intercept Mode Controls to disallow setting a Direct Distance smaller than the Min Altitude
Removed Mimic Mode Max Tilt control
Flight Dashboard
Redesigned to include information-dense telemetry tapes
Redesigned the Engage Sequence to allow opening the Flight Dashboard before engaging
Updated the Engage Sequence to disallow running Modes that require location when location is not available
Updated Engage Sequence to handle selection of new altimeter reference types
Updated to allow landscape orientation, even on small devices
Added map lines for aircraft to device, home, target destination, Focus subject, Orbit circle, and Zip Line A to B
Added aircraft home point map marker and go-home circle map overlay
Added latitude and longitude to all map markers
Settings
Added dynamic home location setting
Added continuous photo capture setting
Added max vertical power setting to control ascent and descent rates (only available on P3 and Inspire 1)
Added movement and gimbal responsiveness settings to control how abruptly the pitch, roll, and yaw can change when starting, stopping, and changing course
Added sensitivity settings to control movement yaw and gimbal pitch / yaw
Added default view setting to start the Flight Dashboard in map vs camera mode
Added target settings to control max distance and altitude priority
Added Mode Control settings to choose the range for the altitude and distance sliders
Added Flight Dashboard theme settings to select a light style (high contrast)
Added Telemetry Detail Level setting to change how much telemetry is displayed on the Flight Dashboard
Miscellaneous
Removed the GPS-only hardware requirement, users can now install Autopilot on iOS devices without GPS support
Updated to start location updates before connecting to the aircraft to facilitate point-of-interest selection
Added data logging (settings, telemetry, commands, controls), which can be disabled in settings
Disabled idle timer while engaged (to keep screen on and unlocked)
Added Apple Watch support (quick disengage and telemetry summary)
Updated splash screen logo
icon-status-online.png

This looks so promising. I've followed other iOS app development for P3 and this one definitely seems to be a leader. My only hesitation is this:

"Additionally, you must install the latest beta version of the DJI firmware for your aircraft and remote control before using Autopilot."

I'll wait...until it's more stable. I can't afford the risk right now.

This looks so promising. I've followed other iOS app development for P3 and this one definitely seems to be a leader. My only hesitation is this:

"Additionally, you must install the latest beta version of the DJI firmware for your aircraft and remote control before using Autopilot."

I'll wait...until it's more stable. I can't afford the risk right now.
Fully understand your concern. I figure if nobody takes the chance we may never get. I figure what the Heck but yes fully understand your concerns.

Just to let those who are using IOS for flight AutoflightLogic.com just sent out the beta for their testers. Looks really awesome. I'll try to keep all updated.

New Features
Version 2.0 TBD

Added Aircraft Types
Inspire 1
Phantom 3 - Professional
Phantom 3 - Advanced
Phantom 2 - Vision
Modes
Added Zip Line Mode
Updated to allow points-of-interest for Focus subject, Hover mark, Orbit center, and Intercept origin
Updated to allow RC as a location source (Inspire 1 and Phantom 3)
Updated the default altitude to 50 feet and default distance to 100 feet
Updated controls to display as a scrollable list with a show/hide advanced button
Added location offsets
Added an option to set angles to based on the current device heading
Added an option to set set angles, distance, and altitude based on the current aircraft position
Added Focus Mode Control for strategy, including subject, direction, and manual (Inspire only)
Updated Orbit Mode to specify speed in terms of percent instead of a leading angle
Updated Orbit, Zip Line, and Mimic Mode to allow 5 free trial flights
Updated Intercept Mode Controls to disallow setting a Direct Distance smaller than the Min Altitude
Removed Mimic Mode Max Tilt control
Flight Dashboard
Redesigned to include information-dense telemetry tapes
Redesigned the Engage Sequence to allow opening the Flight Dashboard before engaging
Updated the Engage Sequence to disallow running Modes that require location when location is not available
Updated Engage Sequence to handle selection of new altimeter reference types
Updated to allow landscape orientation, even on small devices
Added map lines for aircraft to device, home, target destination, Focus subject, Orbit circle, and Zip Line A to B
Added aircraft home point map marker and go-home circle map overlay
Added latitude and longitude to all map markers
Settings
Added dynamic home location setting
Added continuous photo capture setting
Added max vertical power setting to control ascent and descent rates (only available on P3 and Inspire 1)
Added movement and gimbal responsiveness settings to control how abruptly the pitch, roll, and yaw can change when starting, stopping, and changing course
Added sensitivity settings to control movement yaw and gimbal pitch / yaw
Added default view setting to start the Flight Dashboard in map vs camera mode
Added target settings to control max distance and altitude priority
Added Mode Control settings to choose the range for the altitude and distance sliders
Added Flight Dashboard theme settings to select a light style (high contrast)
Added Telemetry Detail Level setting to change how much telemetry is displayed on the Flight Dashboard
Miscellaneous
Removed the GPS-only hardware requirement, users can now install Autopilot on iOS devices without GPS support
Updated to start location updates before connecting to the aircraft to facilitate point-of-interest selection
Added data logging (settings, telemetry, commands, controls), which can be disabled in settings
Disabled idle timer while engaged (to keep screen on and unlocked)
Added Apple Watch support (quick disengage and telemetry summary)
Updated splash screen logo
icon-status-online.png
so does it allow for waypoints autonomous route?

I have a P3P running the current firmware 1.2. They just updated the beta and I got a chance to try the POI before a downpour started. worked like a charm

That's awesome...

Nice to see other developers making a move towards the future.

Thanks for the update.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj