IOS APP V1.0.37 Range Extender Voltage feedback

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
In the release notes for V1.0.37, it states "Added display of the battery level of the remote extender." I see the icon representing the extender quite clearly. I don't see anything showing me the battery level. Then again... my battery is topped off. Does anyone have IOS APP V1.0.37 installed with a "less than topped off" battery? (This also goes for Android App V1.0.39, BTW). If so... What does the icon show? Mine is completely blue.

Does it lose some of the blue? Does some of the blue turn to red/amber? Per usual, I can't find any documentation for the APP itself. This could be a really useful feature, but it'd be nice to know WTF it does... :D :D :D

Thanks...
-slinger

I just saw an image from the P2V+ that shows an actual percentage of battery life left, just to the right of the extender icon. I just upgraded my iPhone 4S to the latest version and I'll test that when I get home.

Either the Android app isn't showing it, or the P2V isn't. I'm not sure which...

-slinger

Mine just shows the blue extender with no percentage. Another WTF moment from DJI. I wonder if I need to do the firmware updates to see a percentage?

PropsPete said:
I have the latest firmwares and app. No percentage.

Same old same old... We're probably going to find out that this feature only applies to the P2V+ :shock: :roll:

-slinger

Yep -- I backed up my ipad mini then updated it. I was using an external repeater -- the dji one was turned *off* -- and I have a little blue indicator showing...

So -- as expected -- it does nothing on the PV.

Here's an image from the P2V+ Manual...

extender.jpg

Very nice... :( :( :(

I think that extender percentage is only for the phantom vision+ as it probably has the ability to send extender battery status to the app.

I am willing to bet you have to have the new version of the range extender, Or the range extenders firmware.

KG4MXV said:
I am willing to bet you have to have the new version of the range extender, Or the range extenders firmware.

Yup. That was, per usual, not made clear by DJI. They made the broad, bald, statement that this app update would provide this functionality. And to add sloppy to misleading... there's the pretty little extender icon sitting there on the app... Doing nothing...

I'm not pissed about it. It's just one more disappointment heaped on top of the pile. "Hey all you P2V guys... look what YOU'RE not getting... Thanks for the huge infusion of capital and all that gnarly beta testing, though..." :) :) :)

-slinger

I would bet on it being P2V+ only.

In order to know the battery percentage it would have to be added to the data stream from the extender to the iPhone/iPad.
The P2V+ has a new range extender.

riblit said:

In order to know the battery percentage it would have to be added to the data stream from the extender to the iPhone/iPad.

Yup... exactly. Yet... we get the added benefit of more crap filling up the data stream to the extent that I have to downgrade my FPV from 640X480 to 320X240. Even though, apparently, a bunch of this streaming doesn't even benefit me. I really don't want to come across like I'm whimpering here, but these guys are really and truly moving ahead and not only ignoring us, but shitting all over us. THAT is what has my attention. This is pretty freakin' bad, indeed.

If anyone at DJI is monitoring this forum (and we now you are) It's very, very hard to maintain even a semblance of respect for your company.

-slinger

I just gotmy notice on my iPad for the update, but have it turned off for now to update. I have not updated my Vision with other updates, would this be needed prior to updating my iPad or no affect. Waiting a while to udate other items, but wasn 't sure about ios update independant from other firmware updates. Anyone know if I should not update without Vision updates?

gunslinger said:
riblit said:

Yup... exactly. Yet... we get the added benefit of more crap filling up the data stream to the extent that I have to downgrade my FPV from 640X480 to 320X240. Even though, apparently, a bunch of this streaming doesn't even benefit me. I really don't want to come across like I'm whimpering here, but these guys are really and truly moving ahead and not only ignoring us, but shitting all over us. THAT is what has my attention. This is pretty freakin' bad, indeed.

If anyone at DJI is monitoring this forum (and we now you are) It's very, very hard to maintain even a semblance of respect for your company.

-slinger

Hi Sling, I flew my Phantom today in gusty winds, It flew nice and sold. I was using the new app on both my iPhone 5 as well as my Nexus 7. I set my preview quality to 640x480 30FPS on both and did a test out to 2,000+ feet. It ran flawlessly on both at first with nice smooth frame rates. The iPhone was consistantly good, but the Android app was smooth at first, but then on the way back it began randomly pausing from time to time, not enough to make it unusable but enough to be annoying. The new version of the iPhone app didn't do this at all. I don't know if that's what you were experiencing or not on your Nexus but that's what was happening with mine. I'll do another test run tomorrow. Also I brought my Phantom up to 500 feet with no problems or height warning messages. If I had the 3.0 firmware update the flight restrictions would have limited me to around 350 feet at the Park I was flying but the combination of the new DJI app along with the firmware directly before the new flight safety zone firmware worked just fine no problem. With the exception of the occasional random pauses on the Android app. Again I was using 640x480 30F fps preview the whole time. Also my Phantom has 2 Skew Planers on it and I was using a 12 dbi helical on repeater.

BenDronePilot said:
gunslinger said:
riblit said:

-slinger

Hi Sling, I flew my Phantom today in gusty winds, It flew nice and sold. I was using the new app on both my iPhone 5 as well as my Nexus 7. I set my preview quality to 640x480 30FPS on both and did a test out to 2,000+ feet. It ran flawlessly on both at first with nice smooth frame rates. The iPhone was consistantly good, but the Android app was smooth at first, but then on the way back it began randomly pausing from time to time, not enough to make it unusable but enough to be annoying. The new version of the iPhone app didn't do this at all. I don't know if that's what you were experiencing or not on your Nexus but that's what was happening with mine. I'll do another test run tomorrow. Also I brought my Phantom up to 500 feet with no problems or height warning messages. If I had the 3.0 firmware update the flight restrictions would have limited me to around 350 feet at the Park I was flying but the combination of the new DJI app along with the firmware directly before the new flight safety zone firmware worked just fine no problem. With the exception of the occasional random pauses on the Android app. Again I was using 640x480 30F fps preview the whole time. Also my Phantom has 2 Skew Planers on it and I was using a 12 dbi helical on repeater.

Interesting... I need to test this on my iPhone tomorrow. It was just too windy to try it today. Also... The hard drive on my main computer croaked out of the blue with no warning. I just feel so totally crippled. I'm an IT pro from way back, so I'm putting together a plan to get myself back in the mix. It's going to be ugly and time consuming, but... it is what it is...

I'll do my best to see if the iPhone 4S works okay at high res on a high run... I'll feedback the results...

Thanks so much for the info, Ben... much appreciated...

-slinger...

I tried the new app inadvertently today when it updated itself. When it was just starting up the repeater icon was grey and there was a percentage next to it. Since I fly with the repeater powered I didn't ever get below 100% and the icon just stayed blue the whole time I was flying.

PS They fixed the 3300' problem! Way bigger deal than the range extender battery life for me!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20