iOS 9.1

Reaction score
Just got a notice on my iPad 2 mini that 9.1 update is available. I updated the DJI GO app a few days ago and flew without issues, unlike most people here. Last night I updated the rc with the latest update but haven't flown yet. Now the iPad needs updating........anyone update yet to the 9.1 and don't have issues. Only had the bird a couple weeks and seems to be a full time job updating things and worrying about the catastrophic outcome. Will it ever end?

It came out a few days ago. You should be fine. Incremental .x.x updates are usually safe. The biggest issues arise when Apple goes a step up like iOS 8 to iOS 9. Then the app creators have to update to keep up, this is another area that DJI is lacking in. The Ground Station app has been broke ever since iOS 9 came out and there doesn't seem to be anyone working on it. Emails to them have gone unanswered. :(

Thanks. I will update the iPad soon. I just flew an hour ago with the updated rc and again...flawless.

Well, no news is good news. This is the only thread I have found about 9.1 so I'm assuming it causes no issues. :)

No issues at all, I usually run the developer seed's on iOS and I upgrade as they are released. Haven't had a problem yet.

I am actually using the 9.2 Beta pre release at the moment on a iPhone 6 Plus with no issues...

No issues with 9.1 or the newest GO version. No issues on android devices either. I guess there must be several different iTunes locations distributing various versions of Go.

The couple flights I've taken since upgrading to 9.1 didn't have the video dropouts like I had before but updating the RC to the latest has caused my P3p to drift and not fly straight anymore

The couple flights I've taken since upgrading to 9.1 didn't have the video dropouts like I had before but updating the RC to the latest has caused my P3p to drift and not fly straight anymore
Re-calibrate the Tx

Did twice.
It drifts with hands off and no wind.
Re calibrated everything I could.

I was referring to the transmitter. But it could be the compass also. What is your compass MOD value before you take off?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have been completely away from flying or this board for the past week. At that time I was having terrible problems with the IOS 9x and DJI GO with FPV flickering, lagging and blacking out, disconnect, etc. Did everything, including upgrading form a Mini 2 to a Mini 4 cellular and same poor results. I have lost a lot of confidence in flying it any more.

I liked sealthbombers, quote "seems to be a full time job updating things and worrying about the catastrophic outcome"... that's great and I don't know why this board is not full of discussion about this issue. There was a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I turned on the Drone to check in and I see that there are TWO new major releases plus the RC update 10 days ago go or so. YEA!!! I hope this will fix the problems, so I jump onto phantompilots to see what others are experiencing ( I am no longer going to be the first to try updates)... and this is about all I find! Are you kidding me? Both in forum discussion and fixes.

A few people having issues does not an epidemic make! There are FAR more flying with no issue than ever have had issues. And there always has been.

Reactions: ozark
Yes there maybe more not having problems, but there are a lot of people having problems... It is a known problem. When I talked to DJI they know there is a problem, but blame it on Apply... Apply knows there is a problem but they blame it on DJI..

So what are you telling me?????? 111% Streve. TS?

There are problems everywhere... read the threads.

Yes.. there are something like 8 people talking about it in 5 places. Unless its happening to everyone, the fault is in the equipment of those few that are affected. Be it the P3, the transmitter, the cable or the phone/device. The only variable in your set up and everyone elses that is working is your hardware. Thats where you need to start your search.

You are so wrong... If you would take the time to follow past threads on the issue... you would would find the problem started with the upgrades!!!! Mine, as others flew perfectly until the upgrades. So... it has NOTING to do with hardware!!!

Until you know what you are talking about, please do not muddle the water with BS!!!

Ok smart guy.. why does yours not work, yet mine does. Same parts, same FW, same app versions?
I DO know, not exactly what the issue is, but very simply where it is centered. It cant more blindingly obvious that if 50 guys with one configuration can fly perfectly fine while some other guy with the same crap cant that the ONLY variable is that one guys configuration. Its not like there are 50 different places to get FW from, and its not like there are 50 places to get the app from. So you tell me... where is the variable that makes YOUR rig not work?

That is exactly what I and others have been asking... ??? There have been many suggestions, many tries, and remember DJI and Apple know there are problems with this issue and have not fixed it. (I hope 9.1 and 2.4 with a P3P and a Mini 4 cellular will correct the problem) This was my original question... does it now work with the new updates. I have not had an opportunity or will have one for a while. I sure hope so. As Dronebow says "no news is good news" I hope this is the case.

But what is being brought up is the fact that there are a lot of problems and inconsistencies with DJI. Read the threads on this BB. Flyaway... why doesn't mine flyaway? Why don't I have a cracked shell?? Why don't I have horizontal tilt? Why hasn't mine falling out of the sky for no apparent reason? These are just some of the current questions on the first page of PP.

DJI has a lot of problems... I can't wait to see what happens after a million are sold over Christmas, if you think you have wait/service/flight problems with DJI now... just wait!!

Not to mention what happens to the drone reputation after they start falling out of the sky.

The majority of fly-aways are user error
The majority of "fall out of the sky" crashes are user error
Im willing to bet that cracks are users failing to balance props
Horizontal tilt DOES have me stumped

It CANT be an iOS issue because people running the same version dont get the same results
It CANT be the FW version for the same reason
It CANT be the App version again for the same reason.

The ONLY remaining variable is other crap running on individuals tablets/phones, and the way people take care of said equipment,

I understand there are issues, and have never said they are imagined. I totally get the frustrations!! What I dont get is woman like emotional fixation some have on exaggerating what is going on in an attempt to make it some epidemic that, no matter what those of us unaffected do to try to help, cant be solved because its not fitting for them.

You know it all... Cracked shells... all have dropped them. Flyaways, fall out of the sky with healthydrones proof... pilot error.

And for your information. I have nothing on my Mini 4, I use it for nothing but the DJI. Multitask off... etc. So, your theory is BS. Please remember, my drone worked like a dream flying a mile mile away with precision... until I updated.

P.S. Do you work for DJI? And if so could you please get them to respond to the upgarde problem and to my e-mails?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav